[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - FGRM-222 (DTH in post 24) (UK Device)

Thanks @Cyberrage. @julbmann please let me know if you come across a solution for this. I would love to get this fibaro shutter setup in the routines.

Regards

Hello shiirrh. I think you need to use “turn on these lights of switches” when you want to open and “turn off” when you want to close them. Because they work as a switch with dimmer.

Thanks @Sergio_T . You are a star!! :slight_smile: yay
that does the trick and it works great. Appreciate your help. :slight_smile:

Hi have a routine created that every day at 06:50AM opens the shutters up to 70%, but I have noticed that if their position is not changed during the day, on the next morning they simply open up to 100%, instead of running a check to see if they are already at 70%.

Example:

• Day 1:

• 06:40AM, Shutters at 0% (fully closed)
    • 06:50AM, Routine is executed, Shutters are opened up to 70%
    • 04:00PM, Shutters are changed to 90% open, manually
  • Day 2:

• 06:40AM, Shutters at 90%
    • 06:50AM, Routine is executed, Shutters are changed to 70%
    • 04:00PM, Shutters remained open at 70%, no change was made manually nor by code/other routines
  • Day 3:

• 06:40AM, Shutters at 70%
    • 06:50AM, Routine is executed, Shutters are opened fully to 100% (No check was made to see their
      actual state)
  • HERE ON DAY 3, a check should be made to see the actual state of the shutters, so if they were already at 70%, they should remain that way, instead of what is happening, their being opened to 100%.
    “Photo 2 SET DIMMER LEVEL 70%”

Hi,

just wanted to thank you for your amazing code. Really easy to set up, calibrate and test.
My only complain:
you allow users to set an offset for when a device is seen as ‘open’ or ‘closed’ (awesone !), but when performing the actual action ‘open’ and ‘close’ it still goes to 0 or 100% and not to the desired offset.

For me this was a simple fix, changing on line 269 the privateClose Function to my desired offset. I should make a decimal to hex conversion, so that the param should be in one place only, but for now I’m to lazy and I hardcoded it in:

cmds << zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: 0x13).format()

Have a nice day,
Jarno

Could people that have used the FGRM-222 please let me know which motor they’ve used with their venetian blinds please.

I’m just about to do this as a first time project and am trying to get a better feel of what options are available to me.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,
Just I am starting with ST and Fibaro roller shutter. I added to the device and works fine in manual mode.
But I can not run a routine setting as “Windows Shades”. The device don’t receive any order. If I set as “lights or switches” then the device run and open and close fully but I can not introduce a % to only open or close partially.
Do you know if I am doning something wrong or if it is necesary fill some parameter?
thx

Hi Antonio, did you manage to fix the routine setting? I have the same problem and i feel desesperate because my english is very basic. If you don’t mind. Could you send me an email if you finally fix that issue? It is said that we need to activate scene activation in the module but I Don’t know how to do it. here is my email j.carlos.ruescas@gmail.com Thanks in advance.

I have implemented the window shade but it is true I didn’t really test it. So there is certainly a bug and I have to fix it. But I don’t have time to do this now. Perhaps next month.

Sorry for that. When I find some time I will let you know. Or if you are a developer don’t hesitate to do a pull request on my github repository. It is an open source project :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your fast reply. I am not a developer so I don’t understand how to do it, anyway I will be waiting for you or somebody who fixes that glitch. As I said before i am very grateful for your work because It helped me a lot with my fibaro roller shutter.Have a nice day!

Hey, pls help me :smiley: Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - FGRM-222 (DTH in post 24) (UK Device)

Hello,
I have your DHT for my 5 FGR-222 and all work great but the windows shade capability don’t work with the routine in the sunrie/sunshine mode.
I can select the 5 devices as windows shade but the two routine don’t execute.
In webcore, i can select open or close but i haven’t test if it work.
I think it is important because the blinds will be avalable soon in google assistant and it can be a great things :wink:
Thank you in advance

Thank you for the great handler. I hooked my fgr-222 to a motorised projector screen but can’t get it to calibrate and time limit on the motor doesn’t work either. Any advice would be great

I have setup my curtain as Roller blind without positioning . But pressing close on the SmartThings app does not always close the curtain. I have to press thrice on the physical switch before the curtain will close. It is connected to a momentary switch, Open to S1 and Close to S2. Have check the wiring and it matches the connection recommended by Fibaro. Anyone have any solution or face similar issues?

One question, way set capability switch and not blind? If you set blind smatthing app show blind icon

Another, i can use device in “my home” with @julbmann device handler, but i cannot use routines at all, no open close or dim my blind, if i use same routines with my hue bulb work correctly

Rewrite Routine setLevel as this to make work with Routines and google assistant.

def setLevel(levelx) {
log.debug(“Executing setLevel($levelx)”)
def level = levelx.toInteger()

if (invert) {
    level = 100 - level
}
if(level > 99) level = 99
if (level <= (openOffset ?: 95) && level >= (closeOffset ?: 5)) {
    level = level - (offset ?: 0)
}

log.debug("set level ${level}")
delayBetween([
    zwave.basicV1.basicSet(value: level).format(),
    zwave.switchMultilevelV1.switchMultilevelGet().format()

], 10000)
}

Great app!

I know have two rollers working with the fibaro roller shutter 2 and your app but I can only either have them totally closed or open.

In the app when they are at 100% they are fully opened and at 0% they closed, at it should be.

The problem is I can’t placed them anywhere in the middle and I’ve already changed the device type to Fibaro Dimmer. Or should they be configured as Fibaro Dimmer 2 ZW5?

And the Calibrate button doesn’t appear in my app. Is it because I’m using iOS or that shouldn’t make any difference?

Hi Julien,
I am using your DH with no problems and able to define routines successfully. What I miss is the ability to activate scenes (parameters 50) . I configured my switches as toggle switches (parameter 14 is 1) and want to fully open my shutter if double press is detected in S1 and close it if double press is detected in S2. Is that possible ? Please advice.

I’ve put a pull request into @julbmann with a fix for the problem of Window Shades not working in Routines.

I thought I was the first to it, but right at the bottom of the thread I see that @Mauro_Celli has suggested a very similar fix.

If anyone wants to test it (@Sergio_T, @Shiirrh, @cyberrage, @Antonio_Ruiz, @Tof?) then you don’t need to wait for Julian to accept the pull request - can simply update the handler with the change directly. It’s all in one place in the file.

@craigseymour Thanks a lot! I’m gonna test it right now and let you know, should also be able to tell to amazon echo to open/close instead of turnon/turnoff with this change?