[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Roller Shutter 2 - FGRM-222 (DTH in post 24) (UK Device)

Correct…

ActionTiles currently does not support Capability “Window Shade” (we add new Capabilities only after a generous amount of Customers request it…), so “properly” emulating the Switch Capability is the best interim solution, please.

1 Like

I strongly believe that Smartthings Hub is much better than Fibaro Home Center 2 and Home Center Lite to manage most of Fibaro branded things such as switches, sensors etc and ActionTiles is much better than Smartthings App to see and control everything on one page which is device and OS independent :+1: @tgauchat it’s a must to have for me

1 Like

I’ve just updated the device handler so that it add the switch state so it should work in ActionTiles :slight_smile:

1 Like

@julbmann Julien, thank you it’s great! well done :+1: I couldn’t check the latest one in details (since currently I’m out of house) but it seems that it is OK w/ActionTiles for both FGR-222 v2.2 and FGR-222 v2.5 @tgauchat :grinning: the bad news is still I need to click on refresh for FGR-221 v1.7 otherwise it shows just opening or closing, I would really appreciate if you could fix that issue as well :pray: Regards

Please contact Support@ActionTiles.com

The short answer: If it doesn’t change to “off” or “on”, then the DTH must not be sending an Event with that state change!

1 Like

@tgauchat Dear Terry, thank you for your reply but please don’t get me wrong, ‘the bad news’ and my request just were for Julien. I mentioned you since I 'd like to let you know regarding the good news part which is Fibaro FGR-222 works very well with ActionTiles thanks to Julien :pray: I don’t have any request from your side as ActionTiles :slightly_smiling_face:

@julbmann Dear Julien, after a two-days test your last version works very well with both Fibaro FGR-222 v2.2 and v2.5, stop gesture works great as well :+1: so I’d like to thank you once again.
Unfortunately the case became more complicated for Fibaro FGR-221 v1.7. I have 3 of FGR-221 v1.7, one of them works great like FGR-222s but for two of FGR-221s, I still need to push refresh after each action to change their status closing to close or opening to open. I said more complicated; because of new lovely stop gesture and their wrong status of opening/closing (it should be opened/closed) when I try to automate it w/Smart Lighting, 2 of FGR-221 just stop :slight_smile: device handler execute ‘turn on’ or ‘turn off’ command as a second ‘push’ so it stops :slight_smile: To investigate the difference of FGR-221s I tried almost everything; I used another great tool: zwave-tweaker of @zcapr17 but although all parameters/firmwares etc are the same with each others, two of three does not work properly :frowning_face: Please let me know if you need any further clarification or any further information regarding parameters etc. Regards Tayfun

PS question mark issue of ActionTiles definitely solved :pray:

1 Like

@julbmann well done on this device handler, it’s very slick indeed. Works great on my v2.5 for my curtains. I didn’t touch any of the parameters.
The only thing I’ve noticed is it filling up my “Recently” tab, every 5 minutes, even when it’s not being used. Is there something I can do or does it need an update?

I @Alwas,

thanks for your feedback.

I also noticed that the log is always filled with lines every 5 secs. I have to fix it and I know how to do it. I just need to take some time to do it. So I will let you know when it will be fixed.

1 Like

@Alwas, I just pushed the fix on github. You can just update the DeviceHandler with the new version and it will work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a fast turnaround! Thanks very much, i’ve updated the code and can see the fix already. It helps with my OCD :wink: It’s pretty much a perfect DTH now, don’t change anything again!!

Someone know how to change parameter 17? is only for me that can it resolve my problem.
Thanks a lot

Hi guys,

I’m new to this arena. :slight_smile: i have recently purchased fibaro shutter 2 device and have successfully installed to my garage doors.

Now I’m thinking of installing on for my gate but I found this is not as straightforward as installing to a garage door for the below reasons;

Im thinking of getting rid of control board and connect fibaro directly to the gate motors. Because I believe my gate control switch is dc powered output.

I have 2 gates left and right with separate motors so does it mean I need to buy 2 fibaro units?

The right one should start opening first and then the left one. When it closes vice versa, left should move first and then the right one.

How can I set the limits when the gate should stop opening and closing? Do I need to buy any extra unit for this? (Garage tubular motors come with some mechanical limit function I can set but don’t see any on my gate motor).

Again thank you so much for taking time to read this. I appreciate your help and guidance.

If you have any questions please let me know.
Regards

In response to your question, if you have a remote control for your gate, one option would be to attach a Fibaro single relay to the remote, then you’re not messing with both motors or having to adjust it’s internal mechanism, you just use SmartThings to open and the Gate does it’s thing.

Thanks Alwas. That’s a good idea. I have a 2 modes in my remote (one for open single gate and the other button for opening both of them). Probably I will go for 2 relay fibaro.

Cheers

Get Outlook for Android

Hello everyone!

First off, Thanks Julien for this device handler, you are the hero this community deserves. I dont know what i would do without your code.

I got a problem, i cannot do routines properly, i could do a routine that “turns off a light or switch” to close the roller blinds completely, or on, but i cannot make a routine that for example “open or close widnwos shades” to 50%. It just dosent work. But i can use normally the 50% open if im inside the device.

Is this normal?

I dont know if i have to change anything in parameters.

Another questions that i have in parameters are:

Offset: how does the number you enter in offset work?

#10 roller shutter operating modes: whats the diference with positioning or without positioning?

#14 switch type: whats the difference if i choose one or another? I dont know how are my switchs called but when i press “up”, the roller blind goes all up and up keeps pressed, if i press “down” the switch of up “foldes” and it goes all down. (sorry for my bad english)

THanks a lot.

Hi to everyone!
I’m new of the smarthings world and i’m trying to add my Fibaro Roller Shutter FGRM-222 V2.2 to the system.
I have created on the developer portal a new device handler using the code of julienbachmann (Thanks for the excellent job!)
I can add the zwave device ad smart meter but i cannot find how to add it as a Fibaro roller shutter…
I’ve tried ti check all the device on smartthings app that i can add manually but i don’t find it…
Any ideas?
Thanks to all!

@tayfunkucuk did you fix your “closing” bug? My third Roller Shutter also stays on “closing” even after it’s closed. I have to click refresh to get it to show “closed”, did you manage to fix this?

1 Like

So the fix for the permanent “closing” and “opening” is exclude the device from ST, and reset the device!
Press and hold the B-button
Wait for the visual indicator to glow yellow (4th MENU position)
Release the B-button
Press the B-button again, briefly
After few seconds the device will be restarted with enabled auto-inclusion mode.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’m wondering if you can help me. I installed fibaro roller for my garage door and it works great when I directly control the unit from the phone (see attached pic

).

How ever when I automate this in the routines like; eg1: automatically close after I left house. (See attached pic

) Or open it automatically when I come home. (See attached pic ). It won’t do it. I checked the notification and it says it did run the automation but not seems like it’s doing anything.

Please help!!! :slight_smile:

Any question feel free to ask.

Thanks again for your time.

@julbmann First of all thanks a lot for all the effort you are putting into this DH. I have the same problem as @Sergio_T and @Shiirrh about not being able to control the devices through routines using the windowshade capabilities; if you just turn them on or off as light switches they work but if you try to open/close them as window shades they just ignore the command. Could you kindly look into it? Thanks!