Fibaro Relay FGS-212 - Can't connect

What if you set temps device to use fibaro relay in ide? Does that affect it?

If it was set as a Toggle Switch then when you pressed the momentary it would switch on the relay, but turn off the relay the moment you release the switch.

The only thing I have is a Z-Wave Relay, no Fibaro Relay to pick from.

Regardless, the Momentary Switch currently does nothing.

I have the Comms on the switch set to the main power, and L1 set to go to S1 on the Relay.

If I test the switch, I can see that there is power going into the switch, but also power going to S1 all the time. If I push the switch, I can see a reduction in power whilst the switch is pressed.

I’ve emailed Vesternet as I am stumped.

For completeness, here is my wiring diagram:

If there is power to S1 all the time then it appears that switch may be the wrong way round for it to work correctly. Try shifting the connection on the switch from L1 to L2. So that S1 is only live when the switch is pressed.

Then I’d try removing and re-adding the device in smartthings. (3 presses of the button on the back of the module to put it in include/exclude mode).

Can you hear the relay clicking when you press the switch? If so, could it be that it is working but the pump is dead?

The pump is fine as I’ve got the Relay working from SmartThings. It’s just the momentary switch that isn’t having any of it.

I tested the power of L2 and there is only power there when the switch is pressed

Yes that’s what I was getting at, sorry I didn’t make it clear.

Rather than taking the connection from L1 on the switch to S1 on the relay, try taking it from L2 on the switch to S1 on the relay.

I believe the relay will be looking for a momentary powering up of S1 rather than a momentary powering down as is happening now.

I’ll take a look tomorrow.

Its odd as it says that L1 is used for a toggling and L2 is used for momentary. Doesn’t seem likely though.

I did actually try L2 when I had it wired up incorrectly and that didn’t work either, but will try again

We’ll get there!

OK so I figured out why the switch wasn’t working.

There is a link wire for the LED that was causing constant power across the switch. I’ve removed that and it works…sort of.

I’ve now changed the parameters to default it to a momentary switch, but it doesn’t work at all. If i revert it back to a toggle, then the switch works when held…

I’m not onto Fibaro as to why my momentary switch isn’t working. I’ve coded the DTH to change the value of parameter 14, and it returns the correct value so it should be working…

Hi folks. I have a question on the live wires please. The Live comes into both ‘L’ and ‘IN’ so through which of those terminals does the current ‘travel’? Always L, always IN, both or each in different circumstances? I have no switch connected to my circuit so only L, IN, N and Q have wires. Thank in advance.