[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Motion Sensor - New device-handler with all settings and auto sync feature

Hi,

How can I change temperature from F to C?

I’m not familiar with programming much, but I found two places where temperature is noted:

for (int i = 0; i <= 100; i += 20) {
status “temperature ${i}F”: new physicalgraph.zwave.Zwave().sensorMultilevelV2.sensorMultilevelReport(
scaledSensorValue: i, precision: 1, sensorType: 1, scale: 1).incomingMessage()

and

map.name = "temperature"
def cmdScale = cmd.scale == 1 ? “F” : "C"
map.value = Math.round(convertTemperatureIfNeeded(cmd.scaledSensorValue, cmdScale, cmd.precision).toFloat()).toString()
map.unit = getTemperatureScale()
break;

Can you please help me?

Martin

Hi, just wonder how you add to device (smartapps, activity, ect?)

I’ve just installed this device. I’m confused since mine looks different. I don’t have the buttons for smart apps preferences and activity. Also I tried forcing a sync but still get no lux or temperature. Any ideas?

I took the battery out and in again and at least it is now showing a lux value and a temperature and a battery reading of 88%. The motion now seems to work

I still dont understand why mine doesn’t have the extra buttons in the screen shot above? Also the screenshots above have a little circle in the top right corner of each button but mine doesnt?

A

Mine looks the same like yours on Android and IOS initially it think it might be old code which has been changed since

Thanks

I used the up to date code. Its odd if that’s the case since the old version looks newer!

I’m hoping CyrilPeponnet will comment and end the mystery.

1 Like

@Flettster It looks different because the screenshot up top is from the SmartThings mobile version 1 and you are using version 2.

1 Like

Amazing device type. Thanks @CyrilPeponnet for creating this!!!

Only issue I’m having is the “pending status” never clears. Originally it was working fine, but now when I make a change to the device type it is stuck. Tried rebooting the smartthings hub to no avail.

Anyone else having this issue? Any fixes?

And i feel stupid now. It was hub settings that was showing temperature in Fahrenheit.

@erocm1231

I had the same problem as the other person but I did not totally follow what the fix was. Will I never have it if I have v2 ST iOS app? I hooked up the Fibaro sensor today and maybe I just need to give it more time, but I still don’t see a Configuration or Preferences button. Without those, I am not sure how I am able to modify the settings. I have the Github repository linked, so pretty sure I have the latest update from @CyrilPeponnet but I am pretty new to ST, so guessing I screwed something up.

1 Like

@mtrujillo Up in the upper right corner of the SmartThings app there are three small vertical circles. Tap that and then tap “Edit Device”.

1 Like

So simple. Thanks! I got too caught up on trying to find that picture … :blush:

So I’ve just got one of these clever little things.

Thanks @CyrilPeponnet for the device handler - it’s great.

However, I have an issue.

It’s reporting constant vibration. I have fiddled around with parameter 20 (Tamper sensitivity) and in fact it’s now set to 0 (inactive) - and has been for the last 15 hours or so, and the app is showing it’s synced.

I know others have experienced similar problems, but I couldn’t find a solution in the forums, other than to ‘play with the settings’ I would have thought that setting p20=0 would solve this for me. (In fact I don’t want it deactivated, I just set it to 0 to test it.)

Any advice would be appreciated :slight_smile:

I also had this problem, I left p20 at the default of 15 and set p24 to vibration (4). This fixed it for me after the next sync.

Thanks for the comment. Unfortunately that hasn’t fixed it for me. I’ve ordered a couple more, so at least I’ll be able to see whether they all behave the same way. How irritating.

I’ve gotten it working somewhat correctly, however it ALWAYS shows motion. I’ve tried syncing, pulling the battery on the device and even removing and readding it to ST. But the app always shows that it sees motion. What else could I do?

with regards to the previous post - when mine got stuck showing motion it looked to me like a symptom to highlight that the battery is going - though it showed around 40% left …

now to my current issue
well I use the “old” version of the sensor and recently have a lot of misfiring of the sensors as well as they showing motion when there is clearly none - as an example my rules to turn on the lights in the office fired multiple times over the last 3 nights - interestingly it seems they fired always in the same interval like 60 minutes - which makes me believe there is something wrong here - the batteries are brand new - so I cant think of what the issue may be …

any ideas guys?

Do you have the old motion sensor or the new type? (v3.2 Zwave Plus)

If you have the new version this device handler works well for me:

well I believe I have the old one - prior to people complaining that the device handler no longer works - but not sure 100% - it was working fine in the past … prior to the recent ST updates

actually the box says V2/7 - from Nov 2015 …