[OBSOLETE] Fibaro Motion Sensor - New device-handler with all settings and auto sync feature

Why isn’t there just a working device from smartthings? This motion sensor has been out ages in its 3.2 form in the UK.

Chan, if you can get a working device handler for this that’s actually configurable, I’m sure many folks would be very happy, including myself.
I don’t mind adjusting parameters in the IDE if they actually work as expected.
I’ve seen various different slices of code for this device and some are formatted differently when it comes to the Params, some us v2 tags others v1.
Does the UK version even use the same code structure as the US one?.

Personally if someone can create a smartapp that can read the devices current settings that would be the biggest help, as without that base, it’s a bit button bashing in the dark.

Appreciate all the communities help on these but, I’ve not herd a single response from smartthings staff on this sensor, yet it’s listed in their compatibility list. Again much like Sonos having a half attempt device, featuring none of the confuguration options within the st default device.

Becoming less and less impressed by ST

1 Like

The default ST handler actually work but you can’t change any parameter

CYeah it does work, just in its hobbled state.
No options for comfiguration.

And none of the configurations options other people have tried seem to work,
Just adding in the cmd for the tamper alert to be dissabled, param 20 = 0 doesn’t work.

I hugely appreciate all the guys here with their custom device handlers.
But the default ST device should at the very least have the Option to query the device to know what Params are actually set.

Just venting as this potentially is a great sensor but a bit of an expensive paper weight without the right config (I appreciate I chose to buy it but with the understanding it was properly supported) I have no problems trying out different Params and editing the code, but it seems many folks are having issues which should be pretty simple to resolve., but seemingly aren’t.

EDIT: have managed to get it all working fine, have posted a separate thread, so not to hijack this one further.

Can you post the link to your solution please?

I don’t mind using the default device, but I don’t know why it doesn’t do anything when you hit the ‘configuration’ button. I just want to turn the LED’s off if that is at all possible…

Have you put the sensor in configuration mode before you press the configure button?

That should be it. Hope it helps

Hi very new to this I just wanted to no if any one could help as I already brought 5x fibaro motion sensors to work with piper nv cameras they connect however insanely sensitive to the point they set off on their own no movement etc can this allow me to adjust the sensitivity of the sensors apologies in advance if it’s a stupid question literally very very new to this smart automation life

Yes. You can adjust the parameters with this DTH.
When you have assisgned this DTH to the Motion Sensor you can either alter the parameters through the ide or the device on your phone/tablet.
When you have set the parameters to your liking, do a 3 button press on the sensor to put it in configure mode (LED glows blue) and then press the configure button in the device on your phone.
The best way to test if the settings have taken is to set parameter 80 to ‘inactive’. This disables the led on the sensor. If it has done this you know your new settings have taken.

2 Likes

Appreciate your reply thank you I will keep you updated how I get on

Just to confirm pal will your dth work with the zw5 sensors

I am hoping for help as I think these still might be somewhat popular. But I am getting the following error for all my Fibaro Motion sensors. Any ideas on what I can do. Things appear to be functioning correctly so far. Error examples below. Many thanks!

Exception ‘org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object ‘[134, 153]’ with class ‘java.util.ArrayList$SubList’ to class ‘java.lang.Integer’’ encountered parsing ‘cmd: 5601, payload: 31 05 03 0A 00 08 86 99’

OR

Exception 'org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.typehandling.GroovyCastException: Cannot cast object '[23, 176]' with class 'java.util.ArrayList$SubList' to class 'java.lang.Integer'' encountered parsing 'cmd: 5601, payload: 31 05 03 0A 00 01 17 B0'

There was a new issue introduced today…

Hi,

where is the code to the DTH?
That link doesn´t work

https://github.com/CyrilPeponnet/smartthings/tree/master/device-handler/FibaroMotionSensor

I made the repo GitHub integration compliant. (Was not existing when I wrote this dh)

2 Likes

Shouldn’t the title of the thread be changed to something less deterrent of new folks. Been using this since, December 2015 without a glitch…

Where can I find the code, is not on the github anymore…

I cannot it this post no idea why… I just reorganized the repo to be compliant with smartthings GitHub integration.

1 Like

I cannot find the code on your repository… What am I doing wrong?

@Simone_Bruno One you click the link above go to the one that says Devicedrivers and you will see the Fibaro Motion Sensor Code. Click to open and copy to your IDE. Again you will see the devicetypes/cyrilpeponnet that the link you want. Hope that helps.

thanks

Simone