Fibaro Motion “Can’t connect to Device. Check device and try again” in new app

(Mark Barlet) #1

I upgraded to the new app, and had to rebuild the system. For a while I had the old and new app on my phone. I could not put the Fibaro onto the system with the new app. I was able to do it just fine in the old app. I reset my iPad and now I cannot log on to the old app. So I cannot do anything with this motion controller. I get the error message above every time.

I can go into the API site and see its status and the smart home routines I have attached to it work, but I cannot get its status from the app.

Any thoughts out there?

(jkp) #2

Not sure on why you needed to rebuild the system as you stated just to use the new app. You are using the same login/password for both the old and new apps?

Any error messages when attempting to login to the Classic app?

(Mark Barlet) #3

Yah it made me create a Samsung password, not the one we had from SmartThings.

(Mark Barlet) #4

Oh I can’t get back into the old app because I have a Samsung account now. The old app only takes the SmartThings account

(jkp) #5

The old app works with the Samsung Account. I have both loaded and I login with the same Samsung account.

(Mark Barlet) #6

Yah the old app will let me login with my old SmartThings password but it wants me to setup the hub new. It asks for the setup code and when I enter it, it says no. I am not sure.

I like the old app better than the new one, but I dread having to reset the whole system again.

(jkp) #7

Choose Samsung login and use the new account.

(Mark Barlet) #8

The old app does not give me that option. The new one does, but the old one doesn’t.

(Mark Barlet) #9

So in doing more digging, this thing that is not working is listed as cloud not local. How do I make it local?

(Jimmy) #10

Is it using a community device handler? If so, it won’t work in the new app.

(Mark Barlet) #11

I am using the one that it installed by default. How can I change it to a more supported one? I am using it as a lux input.

(Jimmy) #12

Try the Fibaro Motion or Motion ZW5

(Mark Barlet) #13

Thank you. Will give it a try this eve.

(Mark Barlet) #14

So I did this, and the controller is still marked “Cloud” and cannot be controlled. It’s so odd. I guess I will have to just trust that it works.

(Jimmy) #15

Can’t be controlled as in not showing motion events?

(Mark Barlet) #16

I can use it for events, but I cannot click on it and see what the lux is. In order to tune the event I want to see what the level was at… I cannot in the app, I have to go to the event log in the api.

(Jimmy) #17

Ah, yeah, you should switch back to using the Classic app. You can login to it with your same credentials as the new app.

(Mark Barlet) #18

Sadly that is not true. I cannot login to the old app with my SAMSUNG ID. If I reset my password for my SmartThings app (Same email address) it says I have zero hubs. I basically have 2 accounts now.

New app does not work, but has a system attached. Old app things I am new new.

Oddly it is the same on the web. If I choose Samsung I go one place. SmartThings I go another. :frowning:

Boned. May reset the whole system and go back to the old app.

(jkp) #19

Why don’t you contact ST support first at https://support.smartthings.com

(Jimmy) #20

What jkp said. They can straighten out the login situation.