Fibaro fgr-223 DH needed!

Based on those logs, the DTH is accepting your parameter changes and sending them to the device. However, you should be seeing a “configuration report received” line in the log right after that to indicate that the device actually received the parameters. If you change the level of the shade through the ST app do you see any reports post in live logging?

Exact same issue here. My roller shutter does not seem to take into account any of the parameters changes I’m trying to update.

My logs are here
4fdcfeae-c84b-4895-882c-2d1233f4c0f7 15:15:12: debug Synced - Shade state: open; Shade level: 99
4fdcfeae-c84b-4895-882c-2d1233f4c0f7 15:15:03: debug Send configuration parameters [7004140101, 700514, 7004990100, 700599]
4fdcfeae-c84b-4895-882c-2d1233f4c0f7 15:15:03: debug Sync roller shutter - Shade state: open; Shade level: 99

And I do get a log when I change the shade level in the ST app.

I’ve installed a very old SmartThings Classic App. I was able to Set the parameters with that version. What I’m getting there when setting parameter #20 to 1 is:
21e7b3b8-6701-4a34-8033-100f129faeec 9:18:12 AM: debug New event to parse: zw device: 1D, command: 3202, payload: 21 32 00 06 00 00 00 00

21e7b3b8-6701-4a34-8033-100f129faeec 9:18:12 AM: debug Synced - Shade state: open; Shade level: 100

21e7b3b8-6701-4a34-8033-100f129faeec 9:18:09 AM: debug Send configuration parameters [7004140101, 700514, 70043C0101, 70053C]

21e7b3b8-6701-4a34-8033-100f129faeec 9:18:09 AM: debug Sync roller shutter - Shade state: open; Shade level: 100

And everything works. I think command 3202, do the “trick” but i’m not sure. I always see command 2603 when updating status.

Which old version of smartthings classic app did you use ? I tried several ones but everytime it reverted me back to the new app.

Ok I found a working classic app (which by the way is so much more reactive and simple that the new one…), but it’s still not working for me. My logs are still the same as before too.

Hey, few weeks ago my google home& assistant stopped integrating with fibaro roller shutter 3.
I can see the devices in google home as blinds, but cannot use any of them , not from the Google home app, and not from the voice command.
I use the fgr223 handler, which as I said worked fine for a few month.
Unlink/link didn’t make any change.
Please need your help.

Hi, I have the same problem since 1 year ago (when smartthings app updated and we had to relink the account). I didn’t find any solution, do you have any news?
Ty

OK. I found how to configure Fibaro Roller Shutter from the official app. using Z-wave Tweaker. This is a walkaround until someone will fix @philh30 current DHT.

1. Temporary change the device handler to Z-Wave Tweaker.
  2. using the official app go to your device settings which should look different this time.
  3. Set parameter #14 for FGR-222 or #20 for FGR-223 to 1 for toggle switch or 0 for momentary switch.
  4. Check IDE live loggings to see that the parameter have been send successfully.
  5. Check your roller shutter. It should behave as configured
  6. Change back the Device Handler to Fibaro FGR-223.

DONE , Roller Shutter is properly configured from the official app. Hopefully someone will fix this Device Handler so no walkaround should be used.

1 Like

Hello, Sadly I cannot use Zigbee roller Shutter 3 even with your advice. I want to use this device to control roller shutter on the windows without any buttons. Sadly no advice wont work. I tried to use @philh30 advice to change the device handler to his new handler a set id 150 to 2. Sadly nothing moves. Than I tried @dotan_shai advice - the zwave tweaker device handler and still the same thing. Is this still working for everyone or I forgot to do something?

No problems here… Device is properly working… Are you having fgr-223 it have zwave interface no zigbee ? Did you manage to include your module to SmartThing hub? Do you have problems to calibrate the module? You are. Welcome to PM me.

Yes I successfully managed to include the module to the smartthings hub. But than I didnt had any success to operate the Fibaro roller Shutter 3. I tried the fgr-223 device handler and tried to manually calibrate the device. I Changed the parameter #150 to 2, but nothing happend at all. If I move the roller shutter with buttons (which they wont be there at the end), than it moves, but not in the app.

I am not sure what happend, but I tried new device and everything worked as it supposed to. Now I just have problem, that I am not sure whats the difference between the buttons the app: “Closing…”, “Closed” and “Close”, because it looks like, that it does the same thing and it will just close the roller shutter. Is it possible to stop motor with a button in the app?

I noticed where is the problem. If I through the web interface change preference to that device - I change setting 150 to 2 (to run the calibration again), than hit save and nothing is happening. Why?

This device Handler has a fault that prevent you to config parameters. In order to calibrate you can:

1. Change something in the IDE (e.g. the label or the name) and save , your shutter will initiate calibration automatically.
  2. Use the method I mention but this time set parameter #150 to 2.

Hi,

I’m greatful to have this DTH to properly connect at all my Fibaro Roller Shutter. Though I have an issue. In the app I’m missing the slate state. What is required to have that shown?
Moreover I have functions like ‘opening’ ‘closing’ ‘closed’ ‘clsoing’ - so very similar functions and in fact thre of them doing the same. What I’m doing wrong here?

Many thanks.
Thomas

Hi,
I’ ve the same issue with this DH. The DH is simple to install and configure. I have forced the calibration and wverything works well. The only thing that are not works is the setting for opening and closing partially. I also have the functions like “opening”, “closing”, “closed” and “closing”. Someone have solved this issue?
Thanks
Daniele

You can set the percentage of the opening. Is that OK ?

Well, the percentage of opening is absolutely OK. But I’m missing the feature to set the Slate state, meaning finally to fully close the slates or have them some percentage open to get some lights through the slates.

Hey all,

I am brand new to this and based on the above am jumping into the deep-end (from a very new “plug and play” user).

First thanks for the writeup and MANY THANKS for the Device Handler.

I am installing 11 FGWREU-111s in my house (So Fibaro Walli Roller Shutter) along with some of their Walli Switches.

Depending on how I can make all these things work - I might end up switching all switches and plugs in my house to Walli equipment.

Currently I am using a Aeotec SmartThings hub for its Zwave functionality. I have a few questions about all this:

As stated above - I am normally a very “Plug & Play” user but don’t mind learning a things or two, so do forgive me if I am slower than most.

1. I want this to run locally off the hub - I don’t want to have this going into the cloud to function. Should we lose internet access, I want everything related to these switches to keep working. How do I ensure this happens? According to the IDE (? the web-based control center for my SmartHub/SmartThings account - do I have the name there correct?) Execution Location is the “Cloud”.

2. The Walli series of buttons has a lot of LED choices, I’d like to control the LEDs. Right now when the Window Shade is going up, the two upper LEDs are white - when the Window shade is going down the bottom two LEDs are white. How could I go about making for example the LEDs remain on 24/7 in a blue color, and then when the shade is going down they blue/white pin-ball counter-clockwise and when the shade is going up the bin-ball clockwise?

3. Is the SmartThings hub the best choice for what I am doing right now? I am in the return window and could get the HomeCenter 3 Lite from Fibaro for basically the same amount of money. I opted for the Aeotec hub as within the community is generally regarded as a better device, but if I can do everything I want with the HC3 Lite (So controlling these Walli Roller Shutters AND doing associations with normall Walli switches) without having to do a lot of the programming myself, I would switch them out.

4. Everyone here keeps talking about needing to calibrate. I did not need to calibrate these switches, they came out of the box and worked without issue. They stop at the top and the bottom. Anything to be concerned about?