Fibaro Dimmer Double Click Action

@AnthonyH, I noticed similar issues and fixed them in my own version of the DH.

[UPDATED LINK]

Nice extra functionality @David, and I really appreciate the good commenting in your code which is so much more readable than most I’ve seen. Sadly however, even with your driver I’m still finding that any attempt to set the parameters through config results in the dimming going completely screwed until I power off the circuit and make it run the auto configure at power on. I tried you get params option and nothing odd reported back that was different from what I expected to see.

Could be a firmware issue i suppose - mine are on 3.4. I’ve seen other threads with similar issues where the load turns itself off at high brightness and people are suspecting its incorrectly detecting an overcurrent issue, I just cant see why setting parameters is going to be breaking something related to that set by auto calibration. When I get a chance I’m going to start commenting out chunks of the config setting code and see if I can narrow this down to any one parameter thats causing the issue, or whether it really is ANY attempt to set anything. Will post back my results but it might be a few days.

Done my detailed testing… can now confirm that any attempt to set parameters 1 or 2 is what causes the dimmer to start behaving erratically, including turning itself off when too bright and report invalid dimming values. Makes sense once you realise those are really meant to be set automatically by the devie during its auto setup process. I did note the values returned by the get config and it may be safe to plug those back in to the settings screen. But for now I’ve commented out the set lines for param1, param2 and (also related to auto configure) param13. So now I can safely update any other settings without screwing things up.

Long term approach would probably be to provide an extra option in the config pages to determine whether its safe to send those params to the dimmer, with a default of “no” - most people would never want to change them. May give that a go when I find enough time. I’m also considering adding a “button” capability to the device and interpreting those scene values as pushes of buttons 1 through 6 or whatever… might be easier for people wanting the button pushes to base conditions in CoRE etc than trying to use the expert mode and trigger on “scene” values like 24, 26 etc which are pretty unintuitive!

One final note David, I spotted you have left a couple of lines with hard coded NodeID of 10 in the association group 5 code. I’ve updated my local copy to put the default hub ID back in there.

For the scene activation on the smart app…is it possible to switch items in a given order and perhaps also inject a delay between ?
Reason being, I have an smart outlet which powers the Tv, amp etc. So must have that powered first before starting the tv activity. Hence running certain things in order and injecting delays between.
Or perhaps there’s another way around it?

Any ideas?

Sorry for the stupid question here - but I can’t find the attribute ‘scene’ in my switch in CoRE. Any pointers?

I managed to find a good answer to this question by turning on Expert mode in CoRE. Now I am having an issue with not always getting the single/double/triple click scene triggers. I always get Scene 12 (Hold) and Scene 13(Release), but only occasionally the multi clicks.

Any thoughts here - this is for S1 input.

Ive been trying to get this working, however getting nowhere. Ive installed 2x 212 dimmers, the device handler and the smart app. When i configure the dimmer in the app it keeps showing the error that i haven’t populated a option field. This shows whatever i do. I went onto the webpage filled in EVERY option. If i then go into the app on my android phone it will show a field is incorrectly filled in even though everything is filled in.

If i configure on the webpage it will take the config however will not actually do anything.

I have noticed also if i hit the “Configure” button in the device it does nothing.

Just trying to get the second button to turn my led strip lights on and off!