Fibaro Dimmer 211 Device Type with Parameter settings

If anyone is interested I have finally cobbled together a device type handler for the Fibaro Dimmer 211 which includes the ability to change the parameters. I have struggled trying to change parameters on this unit and could not find any code that actually worked. So I set about creating something that would.
It’s not the most elegant solution but it works (for me anyway, you use at your own risk of course), but once you have the parameters set up exactly as you want them you can revert back to your previous DTH if you prefer as the 211 unit should retain it’s settings.
A Word of Warning
If you change parameter 14 to 1 i.e. Toggle Switch as I did you may find the actual switch stops working after a short while. I read somewhere that this was an issue with the 211 unit and that a solution was to change Parameter 10 to 0. which I did and it seems to have solved the problem.

Here is the link to my Github repository https://github.com/inpier/Fibaro-Dimmer-211.git)
The read me file has some help for installing the DTH for those who need it.
The code incudes the instruction for changing parameters.
Hope it works for you.

Just want to say: while initially I couldn’t get this device handler to work, in the end it completely saved my Fibaro dimmer from going in the trash. Thanks so much!

Can you remember what you did to get it working?

Sadly I can’t remember what the specific issue I was having with it was! But what is the problem you’re experiencing? Maybe I can still help.

I’m happy to help as well if I can but things move on so quickly with loads of new devices to try and get working the Fibaro Dimmer 211 is just a distant memory.
FWIW I use mine in a Hall and Landing set up using conventional toggle switches so needed to change 2 or 3 parameters (can’t remember which) to get it working and then of course work out the wiring.

Awesome! This works for me :slight_smile:

I know this is a bit of a necro-post, but it might be worth changing the subject here to [RELEASE] ?

Also, might it be possible to add those configuration options in a proper config page, because this assumes you want the same DH configuration for all dimmers? (aside from creating a duplicate DH)

I’ve added a Pull Request on that repo that allows for configuration of the preferences in the Device Settings. This means if you want to have multiple Dimmers with different settings, you don’t need a separate DH

Hey @inpier, quick question… how do I get this to fade to level? I’ve got a CoRE piston setting the level, and I thought the DH would automatically fade, but it seems to change it instantly in steps.

Cheers,

Adam

Hi Adam
Not sure I know the answer to that.

I do know that the 211 dimmer seemed to have an issue where the physical switch would stop working and the only way to resolve that was to change Parameter 10 to 0.

The manual gives the following for Parameter 10

1. Time of Automatic moving the Dimmer between the extreme dimming values.
    Available settings: 0-255 (0ms – 2.5s
    0 - this value disables the smooth change in light intensity
    Default value: 1.\n
    NOTE value 0 is required for inductive and capacitive devices unsuitable for dimming, (e.g. fluorescent lamps , motors etc.).

So as you can see by changing param 10 to 0 to solve the physical switch issue you disable the smooth change in light intensity.

TBH I only have the one 211 dimmer in a Hall and Landing set up on normal toggle switches, all my others dimmers are 212’s.

yea, that’s what I remembered too… but I changed option 10 to say… 10, and it’s still switching instantly, rather than fading up/down

I am wondering if someone can help me. I have pulled the latest device handler down from GitHub using this link

https://github.com/inpier/Fibaro-Dimmer-211/blob/master/Device%20Type

My setup is using a toggle switch so I am trying to change parameter 14 to value 1 (toggle switch) and parameter 10 to value 0 (given the advise from inpier) in the SmartThings app using setting screen. However when I view the Live Logging I receive the following two errors

10:15:50 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static java.lang.Integer.toString() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [255, 16]
Possible solutions: toString(), toString(), toString(), toString(int), toString(int, int), toHexString(int) @ line 129
10:15:50 PM: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: static java.lang.Integer.toString() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.Integer) values: [255, 16]
Possible solutions: toString(), toString(), toString(), toString(int), toString(int, int), toHexString(int) @ line 129

If I click on the Configure icon I can in the logging that my parameter changes have not been accepted by the device.

10:23:49 PM: debug Lounge Main Lights parameter ‘14’ with a byte size of ‘1’ is set to '[0]'
10:23:46 PM: debug Lounge Main Lights parameter ‘10’ with a byte size of ‘1’ is set to '[1]'
10:23:42 PM: debug Listing of current parameter settings of Lounge Main Lights
10:23:42 PM: debug Reading Device Parameters of Lounge Main Lights…

I am very new to SmartThings so I am probably doing something wrong and any help is great appreciated as my lounge light doesn’t work properly at the moment from the light switch due to the device having the wrong settings

Thanks

HI
I’ve had a quick look at the errors and it appears to be part of the code mod from @NOITAIDAR so hopefully he will get back to you with help.
In the mean time you could revert back to the original version DTH.
This will mean you need to change the parameter values inside the code itself.
Here is a link to the original DTH

Load it into your IDE and scroll down to see instructions
You should find this works.
Good luck

Hello,

You’re right, this doesn’t appear to be working on mine either.

I would suggest reverting to the original branch, until I can get it fixed.

So sorry about this.

Thanks guys for your help. Reverting back to inpier’s original code seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully the bug in the code can be resolved shortly as the ability to perform parameter changes via the setting screen will be really useful. Thanks for your hard work in creating these device handlers !

Cheers

Hi guys I know this is an old code but can a tone help me? I have recently ordered a dimmer 211 on accident I usually use 212’s but hey ho I’ve installed it but I’m getting 3 issues which are:

Issue 1
I’m using a 2 way and off retractive switch same as I have in my living room but I’m not able to get s2 to work I’ve changed the parameters in smartthings to function of 3 way switch parameter 1 and switch type to parameter to 0 but still operating as a 1 way retractive switch.

Issue 2
After a few times of using the light my physical switch stops working though it still works over z-wave then after using z-wave it works again on the physical switch. Odd

Issue 3
I have a 30w LED load but 1 LED lamp is remaining on dim once there turned off I know a load below 25w requires a bypass but does it look as though I will need one here? I believe bypass 2 isn’t compatible and I’m struggling to find a bypass 1

I’m using a 3 wire system including the neutral

Cheers