Fibaro Dimmer 2

@anon36505037

Going to try a few times to exclude and include just using the three button press of the switch. As is easiest. Do you know if removing the codersaur lines you recommended may help it not fail secure adoption? Ie if it doesn’t associate with that device handler first, and associates with the native SmartThings Fibaro device handler first, that may help?

Oh, and clearly doing it with the 3 switch press doesn’t reset the device to factory settings…

Bloody brilliant, it worked a treat! I get a ‘Sync Mismatch! Check parameter 13’ but everything appears to work well. Light turns on and off from the SmartThings App now, which certainly wasn’t happening when it associated with the codersaur device handler on adoption! Thanks both of you.

1 Like

Out of interest, why do you suggest I use the ST local handler? Haven’t explored it but doesn’t look like it supports associations, which I use quite a bit? What is the downside of the codersaur handler once it is now adopted ok?

Also, my other 29 or so Fibaro Dimmer’s currently use the Codersaur one, so would I switch all of them even if I don’t appear to be having issues with them?

Got it, thanks!

And associations? Assume that isn’t possible with the native SmartThings Device Handler? Wonder why it is half-baked and they didn’t just get it to support all the Fibaro Dimmer parameters!?

Got it. I do love this community :-). Until my next crisis…

Oh, anyone want a 15m Ethernet Cable arriving tomorrow?? :slight_smile:

Maybe I should start a new thread but I think it’s related.
I’ve had a fibaro 2 installed and struggled to get it added, then get it working.
I’ve now finally got it working (b button bent in the process), but the one thing I’d like is to have the physical switch sync parameter enabled.
Annoyingly if I switch from official DTH to the saur one that has that parameter, I can successfully send the brightness, on & off commands but these aren’t reflected in the app.

I eventually get network error, and the tiles switch back to the default.

Any ideas?

Is it possible to adjust the Kelvin (warm-cool light) for the Fibaro dimmer 2 in SmartThings?
This would for example be used for the kitchen counter lightning (led list)