Fibaro Dimmer 2

I haven’t changed the code yet, but have taken the Fibaros to the hub via a little set up the electrician configured, with a single light bulb and a wall socket plug. Works well, as my hub is actually not close to other Fibaros.

As you can see house is still being built with everything on the floor!

1 Like

@anon36505037

Sorry Robin, another for you. I simply cannot get any more of my Fibaros to get detected by my SmartThings Hub when I put new ones in Inclusion mode either via three presses of the B-button or 3-clicks of the Switch. I have tried numerous different Fibaros. All my other Fibaros previously included, work perfectly in terms of turning on, off and dimming via the Hub.

Any way I can try and work out what is suddenly causing this?

thanks!
David.

Ok - did a Z-Wave repair and it seems to work for now…

@anon36505037

Robin, you mentioned that you often use the Fibaro Dimmer modules to turn on and off non-dimmable lights. I have done this for some of my garden lights. What I am finding is that they do not turn entirely off when I switch them off. So there is a low light that still glows. Is there a trick to this? Note that there are 14 garden lights on the Dimmer.

thanks

Good point, will give it a go.

@anon36505037

The bypass modules did the trick, thanks. New question. Those Retrotouch Retractive switches. Love them when they don’t stick, which is most of the time, but quite a few of the switches are sticking, particularly the 2 and 3 gang switches. Did you have the same issue? If so, did you find methods to improve the situation? Perhaps they are sticking because they are new and will improve over time?

David.

They also stick for me - straight out of the box and before attaching the metal plates to the wall.

I don’ think they’ll improve over time. On the contrary, a couple I’ve had attached for a while are now beginning to stick. I’ve not had any problems with the 1-gang, just the 2-gang (I don’t have any 3 gang).

Not impressed with the build quality of the Retrotouch and am looking for an alternative.

1 Like

@anon36505037

Have generally been able to swap face plates around and most of the switches don’t stick. So a relatively good result. But clearly shouldn’t have to do this. I have sent a note to Ashdown Home Store who are taking it up with Retrotouch.

Robin - separate question. You are a great proponent of the Fibaro Dual Relay Switches (FGS-222).

While I can get them to open and close my rooflights, I am having an issue with the auto-off functionality. If I set Parameter 4 and 5 to 400 (which I think is 40 seconds) they turn off after about 17 seconds. It does say the unit is milliseconds, but then says 1 - 65,535 is 0.1s to 6,553.5s, so deduce the unit used is 10th of a second, and hence 400 should be 40 seconds.

Any idea what I might be doing wrong?

Picture of my settings attached.

Still stopping after about 17 seconds. Seems 400 and 4000 go for 17 seconds before stopping. What is the correct unit that it is meant to be? Is it 1/10th of a second or 1/1000th of a second? Clearly none of these work for me, but would be good to know what the intended unit is to eliminate one variable!

thanks
David.

@anon36505037

Wonder if there is anyone who could take a look at the Device Handler? The auto-off results seem reasonably random.

I get the following currently when I set Parameter 4 and 5 to the following values:

Set parameter 4 and 5 to 250 gives 25 seconds
…300 gives 4 seconds
…350 gives 8 seconds
…400 gives 14 seconds
…800 gives 2 seconds
…900 gives 12 seconds
…1000 gives 23 seconds

I want to get 40 seconds, but can’t seem to achieve it. I think something might be up with the Device Handler.

thanks
David.

I assume if I am using the SmartThings App to trigger the opening and closing of the rooflight, I am already dependent on the Hub?

@anon36505037

Robin, could I trouble you for a Piston that would do this in WebCore. I am not clear how I activate the Dual Relay’s Switch 1 (which opens the Rooflight) and, separately, activate Switch 2 (closes the Rooflight). Only the parent shows sometimes (Rooflight 1) and I am not fully sure how I utilise the children ie Switch 1 and Switch 2.

I’d like to activate Rooflight Switch 1 when Rooflight Switch 1 is pressed, and then turn off Rooflight Swich 1 after 40 seconds (opens Rooflight). Similarly, but separately, I’d like to do the same with Rooflight Switch 2 (closes Rooflight).

Hoping if I get an example, I can start figuring out better, for myself, how WebCore works.

thanks

Thanks. Does it not need a reference to the Parent? In my case the parent is ‘Rooflight 1 Opening’.

This is how the Dual Relay looks in SmartThings…

Thanks. Struggling as to how off1() and off2() work. These don’t seem to have been defined anywhere, how do they effectively turn Rooflight 1 Opening off?

Here is mine. Have set parameter 4 and 5 to the default 0. But the Pistons don’t turn Switch 1 not Switch 2 off after 40 seconds. They appear to stay on forever…

The one in the attached below. Note that I couldn’t seem to add your ‘ASync with…’. If that is key, how do I do it?

Ok, I got the async… but still not turning off…

There is a symbol alternative between ! And ? Next to the ‘wait 40 seconds’… I wonder if that has something to do with it?

Re your first question regarding the version of WebCore I am running. It does say a newer version is available ie (v0.3.108.20180906). What is the easiest way to upgrade to the newest version?

I do have github, but it has been a hectic 3 months co-ordinating our new build as well as smart lighting etc… so can’t be sure I installed WebCore with GitHub. But I do know that I have used GitHub to install various Device Handlers, so I know I have access!

Perfect… at least in terms of updating WebCore to the latest version. Worked like a charm. But Switch 1 and Switch 2 are not turning off after 40 seconds. They stay on in the SmartThings App.

Regarding your other question, I am only controlling the Dual Relay via SmartThings… not a physical switch. There is a physical switch as well, but it doesn’t connect to the Relay… it has a separate attachment to the Rooflight.

I am pretty sure my WebCore coding now almost 100% matches yours… see attached…