Fibaro Dimmer 2 Sync Pending

Had a look at hubitat after reading your post. Certainly gets great reviews. The thing I will miss with Smartthings is the actiontiles - I have three iPads wallmounted running it. If hubitat has a similar interface, I’m going to give it a go.

I’ve made up my mind. Hubitat it is for me. Impulsive, yip, pissed off with Smartthings most definitely

Wow that was quick I’ll be interested to know how you get on have you got many devices to swap over? I’m only a few months into home automation and got smartthings so I’m not going to jump ship just yet :thinking::smirk:

About 110 devices but if it works, it’ll be worth the effort. :grin:

Bought a Hubitat on eBay. Hopefully will arrive tomorrow. Will let u know how it goes with fibaro gear. :call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

Hmm… found something connected to Fibaro switch 1 which to my untrained ears sounds similar…? Tried replying there to see if it can be related…

I have two Dimmer 2 switches that I have been using with no issues but I am using a custom device handler from Codersaur. Reports fine in both the new and old app even when using the physical switch or webCore. Hopefully this helps someone.

Hubitat arrived this morning- have set up 10 of my devices so far including 2 fibaro dimmer 2’s. all work flawlessly and absolutely instantly including scene selection. Really impressed :blush:

Thanks for the update glad it’s all good so far I had a look at the app it seems a bit clunky have you tried that yet?

Yeah, the app is a bit on the crude side but very small price to pay IMO. wish I had met u months ago as I’d never heard of Hubitat before. Thanks very much for the recommendation :+1:t3:

1 Like

Any news on this? 3 out of 4 (seemingly) identical dimmers work as they always have done, but not the last one. Symptoms as described in numerous posts in this thread.

Try this device handler

1 Like

Anyone with an update on this? I have the same issue. 2 of 3 dimmers works fine but not the 3rd one. All are firmware 3.05. Tried the DH above but not solving the issue unfortunately.

Could you explain what is the problem? What is not working actually? Can you send some live logging and show that you have assigned the aforementioned DH?

The main issue I have is that the dimmer status is not updated in the apps when I switch or dim from the wall switch I have. I can turn light on and off both in app and via wall switch but status is never updated in app. Further when using the app it seems like all actions take very long time for these new dimmers compared to the old I have already installed.