Feature Request: iOS 8 Notification Center Widget

Even OnSwitch third party hue app on iOS has a decent one.

Really good points, second both of these. I only use the one DO widget right now, so hadn’t noticed the lack of labels.

I’m getting an Apple Watch as well, it should give me totally handsfree voice control of basic SmartThings via Hey Siri and IFTTT from anywhere in the house or yard. :blush:

I just got the update for iOS, however I can’t find any options in My Account to enable widgets
am I missing something?

2 Likes

Same problem, the widget installed in the Notification Center ok, but no way to configure it. :cold_sweat:

@April ? Any help here?

2 Likes

me 3. Ugh how disappointing

Confirmed, the message says to check “My Account” to configure, but there’s nothing there to configure for Widget.

I checked with support. There is a bug. They are working on it and will expedite the fix through the review process. Probably take at least a few days.

I really don’t understand how this wasn’t caught in their QA process. This seems like a very cut and dry feature addition.

Confirmed here as well.
You’ve got to be kidding me! How do you publish an app with a new feature
oh wait, it cannot be turned on. Can you confirm this @kleneau @April? Does ST use Test Flight to beta test app updates? Do you need more testers?

Hey all!

Sorry for the confusion. It looks like there was a configuration issue in this release that is hiding the option. I’m traveling so haven’t heard all the details yet but we’re resubmitting right now and opting for expedited review. Should be fixed shortly.

Dumb miss aside, one might consider updating the release notes (what’s new) in the App Store as to not continue to leave people baffled.

1 Like

Good idea! The new notes could say:

Performance improvements and architecture updates in preparation for future enhancements.

LOL, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@JDRoberts I am really a little tipsy coz of my meds. When I clicked the widget setup It takes me to ST things page. Is that the expected behavior? Another launching pad? :wink: look at the one above.

Ron,

It does create the widget and put it in the notification. But the widget doesn’t do anything.

Under it, as shown in your screencap, is a line that says “Manage widget from My Account in SmartThings.”

But there is no way to manage it there–that’s the bug. :frowning:

2 Likes

I am really baffled with Smartthings QA process. You guys really need some better test engineers. To add to that you need some UI/UX engineers as well. Things feel like they are all over the place hidden in clicks and gestures.

7 Likes

@april @Tyler

The app is super speedy now! So IMO good update :slight_smile: . People make mistakes, thanks for doing your best to rectify them asap.

God bless! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recall the last update provided speed improvements as well, but over time, they slowly crawled back to their slow pace. I am hoping that is not the case here.

I bet we see some good impovements for the long haul this time :smile:

1.7.1 is live with the fix for widget configuration.

4 Likes

Looking good!!

:smiley: