Feature Request: Dimmer control from dashboard

It would be nice to be able to control a dimmer from the dashboard or even the things tile view.

Functionally I think it would be cool if you hold the icon and rotate a ball around the edge to set the dim level

11 Likes

+1 on this one. What a great idea!

1 Like

Yes. +1. Very useful!

1 Like

I’ve been wanting the same functionality since I first began using the system.
Docwisdom’s suggested implementation sounds great.

Is there a reason this hasn’t, in some form, been implemented.

1 Like

I also would really like to see this - a pretty big miss at this point and and makes the things area still a must use unfortunately

I would also like to see the ability to create a virtual button to control multiple dimmers

In the meantime, have you guys tried the @625alex ActiON dashboard 3.0? It has what at you’re asking for.

Search for “dim with me” and “virtual dimmer”. Together they control multiple dimmers from a virtual one. I you can also control on/off switches at the same time

But the virtual dimmer still requires using the “Things” section. (Nice app though :smile: )

I really think the dimming function just needs to be added to the Lights and switches dashboard to provide a more user friendly experience.

All the work arounds don’t appeal to the general public if Smartthings wants to get out of the techie only market.

Not to mention the wife “why do i have to go to “Things” to dim the lights… that’s stupid”

1 Like

Have you tried the ActiON dashboard. Does what you want.

Yes and its great - but why should I have to use another product?

Was just offering a solution. What’s really nice about it is that I have lots of devices that I never need to control or monitor (fully automated). But, at the same time I have many devices I want quick access and control. The ActiON dash board allows me to display only things that I want to see.

On another note, right now it loads faster than the stock ST app and it runs on “ANY” modern browser, ANY device.

But to each his/her own.
IMHO,
@wackware