Fargo Z-Wave Skylights

I just wanted to share a zwave product i’ve already pulled the trigger on… Fargo Z-Wave Skylights. Yeah buddy! The Home Depot link is for the standard open close model. The Bestskylight link is for a custom solution that has an optional external zwave shutter that can be solar powered.
Like several other community members i live in Texas and 100 deg F is very common for Texas summers. Outside of knowing it will be HOT from May till the end of October, Fall, Winter and Spring are FAR less predictable. Thanks to the weather tile i plan on closing the outside shutter when temps are 100 or over and open it back up when things cool off later on in the day. I also plan on closing the outside shutter in the event of hail. For all of “Not Summer” I plan on opening the skylight to allow the hottest air to escape when it’s nicer outside than inside and not raining. I’ve already checked with Farko and both the skylight and blind work as a standard open/close device so i shouldn’t even have to create a custom devicetype for it. :sunny:

http://www.bestskylight.com/skylights/fve-electric-opening-skylights/fakro-skylight-fve-24x46-electric-opening.html

3 Likes

I’m trying to figure out how to put a motor on my single simple screw-crank skylight…

They really need to make an arduino compatible hand… Everything we’re looking to automate seems to work with these hand things… To the labooratoory!

SmartThing Thing.

2 Likes