FAQ: Zwave repair not working (how to fix error messages)

Yup, what @smart said. Alternatively after logging in, go to My Hubs, scroll down and look for “List Events” and click on that. Then click on “from hub” to see details as well. Refresh every so often. You can kick off a repair as well by clicking on the “View Utilities” button.

Here are some common messages I see during a repair process, and how I interpret them: (I’m sure there’s an official definition for these messages) @JDRoberts, care to chime in?

Z-Wave device [ID]: Not responding” - This is an orphaned device, typically from manually removing/deleting a device without it being properly excluded (I think). When this message comes up without a name and just an ID, ST has something messed up in the mesh table and it never ever goes away. This drives me nuts because I have a lot of them, and I believe it causes a zwave repair to take a lot longer than it should.

Network repair for [device name or ID]: Failed to update mesh info” - Not a big deal I think, but an indication that a device may be in use while the mesh table was being read or updated and it timed out, or it could be a time out trying to reach a device (?). I get these every so often, but it’s not caused me problems yet.

Network repair for [device name or ID]: Could not assign new route” - This is bad. When I see this message I know I have a device that is no longer controllable and needs re-included (Replace function via the phone app), or requires a General Device Exclusion.

Also note that a repair process can take a long time depending upon how many devices you have, as well as other factors.

Here’s another good reference in our community:

2 Likes