FAQ: Smart Life integration doesn’t show All Devices

Hey everyone,
I bought a WiFi bulb from Aldi (branded ‘Status smart’)a nd paired it to the Smart Life app - their app was identical except it had no smartthings integration.

I linked it to ST and it connected successfully but no devices show up in smartthings.

The bulb works flawlessly in smart life, however I want it to worn with the rest if my ST devices.

Any ideas?

Also I should mention that the bulb itself does not say that it works with ST, but with Google/Alexa

Only some models are available through the integration.

There is a place in the Smart Life app which will show you which integrations are available for each device. If it doesn’t list smartthings, it’s not part of the integration yet, and you should put in a request to the device manufacturer.

Meanwhile, try creating a scene in the Smart Life app and sometimes those will be included in the integration even if the device itself is not. That can at least give you on/off control in some cases.

The following post describes how one community member set up the scenes for this (The topic title is a clickable link)

You can find further discussion of this integration, including specific brands and how they work, in the following thread:

Smart Life integration (July 2020)

3 Likes

I need this for a smart life door sensor

If you open each device in the SmartLife or Tuya app and hit the edit icon (pencil) it will list the “3rd party controls” that are available for that device.
I have a dozen SmartLife devices.
The lights, plugs & switches all list Alexa and Google controls. Only 1 lists SmartThing.
Sensors are different, 1 sensors lists Ifttt, & 1 lists no 3rd parties.

2 Likes

Yeah Exactly. i want to add my 2 Neo Window/Door Sensors But it wont let me. yet my Light switch added fine. i also remember like 2 out of my 6 Plugs being added, so i fully just switched to zigbee ones. yet if i go on ebay theres a different looking sensor sold by Neo That claims it does support smart things. i dont know why this matters by the device, its smart life that just needs to get the Signal from Smart things. now i just ordered 2 Sengled Sensors for $35 to replace these. People all recommended Aqara but I saw no Aqara button and Sengled would arrive 2 weeks before the Aqara so

I am guessing that the firmware installed on the individual devices determines what 3rd party controls (integrations) are available for the end user.
So if the firmware does not include code for Smartthings it won’t work with Smartthings.

1 Like

Yeah smart life/tuya smart is just an app for all these generic Chinese devices

Paul Oliver

I don’t know how acurate that listing is, I have 2 ceiling fan controllers made by Yukihalu. Despite my sincerest efforts I can’t get them to be recognized by smartthings. Even when logging into IDE. They work with SL so I can intergrate them with GH and use voice control & set up routines but, nada for ST. No Icon.

After you added the fans to the Smart Life App, did you go to add devices by brand in Smartthings and rerun the Smart Life add a device (using other)? You need to do that every time you add new devices to the Smart Life App.

And after you ran add devices on ST did you look in No Room Assigned?

2 Likes

Forewarning: To show u step by step my process I’m going to screen shot the mess out of this reply! Also I do not see an option for “other” in the ST app under “brand” I have the “other” option under “add device” in ST. Is it possible you were refering to the SL app? If so did you confuse the Tuya with the SL app? Tuya has an “other” option SL does not.

Sorry pictures are out of order.

After adding SL to ST i don’t have an unassigned room so nothing to look 4,

Thank for your help!

I have 2 Smartthings (ST) locations and use both the SmartLife (SL) and Tuya Apps to help keep the locations separated.
My main location has a ST hub and I use the SL App with the Tuya integration. I only have 2 SL devices.
My 2nd location has no ST hub and has a number of SL devices that I use with the Tuya App and the Tuya integration.

I use the Tuya integration with both the SL and Tuya Apps. In the past the Tuya integration worked better thst The SL integration, so that is what I use. That my no longer be true. You might want to try the Tuya integration (add device using Tuya brand) with the SL app.

The Tuya integration has the “other” option.

2 Likes

Thanks 4 the Knowledge!! I will test out this Tuya app forthright and see if I can get some integration working!
(5 Minutes Later)
& that Mr. Paul_Oliver is why U R the Community Master!! Thanks!!

2 Likes