FAQ: Iris Device Firmware Versions

Can anyone confirm the latest version of the contact sensors at least, because maybe mine already came up to date. Still don’t know why two of the plugs won’t up date.

@SteveWhite
Updates on Firmware

Iris motion:
0x1C005310 old 0x11005310

Iris Door/Window
0x1C005310 old 0x11005310

Hi Professor,

Can you also confirm the latest firmware versions for the Iris smart plugs?

From what I can see based on the plugs and FW I have on my network -

3210-L - -> 0x20085010
3210-L2 -> 0x20115010

I am mixing plugs with some L and some L2 models. No issues in the z-wave mesh between the two firmware versions, eh?

Thanks!
Scott

The target version for the motion sensors in ST is showing 0x1C005310, can ST not update them?

Edit: Never mind I just read your post as old first looks like it already is on the latest.

Thanks.

Can someone confirm if the SmartThings hub will automatically update an Iris Motion Sensor? I just purchased one that is a little flaky and I am hopeful that an update will fix it. OTA is turned on and the device shows the hub shows the update is available. See the screenshot below. Is there something I need to do to force the update?

The device updated overnight on its own.

Does the Smartthings hub still update the Firmware on these? I have a few of them and they are reporting older versions then what’s listed here and it doesn’t seem to find anything.

I have the Motion and Smart Buttons.

Did yours ever update? I just put an Iris 3326-L Motion Sensor on my v2 hub to see if it will update the firmware, but it looks like all the Zigbee information has been removed from the IDE and the app. I can’t even find the Zigbee network address anymore!

It looks like Edge drivers for some (all?) Zigbee devices have lost the ability to do firmware updates.

ST was the last place it was possible to do firmware updates for Centralite devices like the Iris sensors, and ST seems to have broken that. :frowning:

To be honest I never checked, they still function and I have edge support so I’ve never went and checked since I posted this, I’d have to take a look when I am free to see if this ever did. Edge drivers shouldn’t remove firmware ability as far as I am aware unless it’s a unsupported device.

My v2 hub is definitely not updating Iris v2 motion sensors that are using the Edge driver. :frowning:

Mine are just using the built in Zigbee Sensor Drivers.

If you have it synced do you have from the devices control a driver option?