I’ve searched high and low, but can’t figure out how to customize the Arm(away), Arm(stay), and Disarmed modes?
What I’d like to do is choose specifically which door/window/motion sensors to use in each of the modes.
I’m sure the answer is right in front of my face, but my nose keeps getting in the way.
It’s just a really poorly designed interface. You can see the toggles you have to hit on the screen, but after that you have to click on the name of the action in order to get to the next screen. It’s easier to show it then to say it, so hopefully you can see the screenshots. If not let us know and I’ll give you the alt text.
- on the main screen, tap the action arrow next to smartthings home monitor
- on the next click screen, tap on the gear icon in the upper right to go to settings for STHM
- on the settings screen, first toggle the type of alert you want to customize and then 4) click on the name to get to its detail screen
- choose the mode you want to customize
- now toggle the setting for “all sensors“ to off, and then 7) again click on the name of the type of sensorsyou want to customize to get to that detail screen
- finally, the list of available sensors of this type. Choose each individual one you want to use for this device class for this mode for this type of alert. When you are done, 9) tap on done at the top right of the screen to save the settings.
And, yes, that’s completely non-intuitive and clunky. But that’s how you do it.
And then you have to go through the same process all over again for the next type of sensor. And then all over again for the next mode.
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I spent the better part of an hour trying to figure this out!
If there’s an easier way to do it, I hope somebody will point it out. Because this one is a lot of effort, but it does work. i’d be happy to hear there’s another way if there is.
Using Arlo cameras as motion sensors was failing to trigger STHM alarm because Arlo mode seems to glitch out of Armed into Disarmed mode.TalkToWendys It should be noted that i have STHM set up to sound the Arlo siren when in Night , i am 99% certain it is because my phone is not being properly recognized.