FAQ: Full list of buttons and remotes confirmed to work with SmartThings [Not all devices listed work with the 2020 Platform]

I’m quadriparetic, in a wheelchair with limited hand function. So even using an app or a remote is a chore.

I have a lot of non networked devices in my house that have touchless switches, including a soap dispenser, faucet, trash can that lifts the lid, and a wall switch. Work very well for me.

So I wanted something similar for SmartThings. I have a Zwave deadbolt lock which is self locking, but the turn bolt on the inside of the door is hard for me to use when I want to let someone in.

So I set up the motion detector in a box on the bookcase as a touchless switch. When I wave a hand over it, the deadbolt unlocks and the entry light comes on.

So I can let someone in or out when I want, but the door doesn’t just unlock itself everytime someone walks down that hallway.

I’m going to add another one under the end table to turn on a series of lights that light the way to my bedroom, and one as a touchless foot switch to turn off the same lights when I get into bed.

The point is these aren’t actions I necessarily want to happen every time I move through that area, but only when I specifically initiate them.

They’ll also work for other people, too, which is nice. I have home health care attendants, so I don’t want to necessarily have the control app installed on everyone’s phone, if they even have a smart phone.

14 Likes