FAQ: Full list of buttons and remotes confirmed to work with SmartThings [Not all devices listed work with the 2020 Platform]

This thread is just intended as a list of the buttons and switches that work with SmartThings, not for individual discussion or recommendations. ( otherwise it becomes too hard to read.) You will notice that the individual posts generally have a link to a thread where you can ask follow on questions about a specific device.

Otherwise, start a new thread under projects and people will be glad to give you advice About your particular set up . :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/projects-stories

Alternatively, you might just want to read the following thread (this is a clickable link) which is recent and describes a very similar situation to yours:

But again, take follow up questions to that thread, so we can keep this FAQ thread focused on device listings. Thanks.

1 Like

I cant get the Lightify Dimmer Switch to pair with the ST hub at all after numerous attempts. Is there some special way that these are supposed to be added, since “Add a Thing” doesnt work?

Have you considered the AEON Labs Minimote?

It looks like those are on their way out since you can only get them from ebay. However these are looking pretty promissing. https://aeotec.com/small-z-wave-remote-control

This is an FAQ thread for devices which have been confirmed to work with SmartThings. :sunglasses:Please start a new thread under “devices” for pre-release products such as the nanomote. (Aeotec in particular is famous for announcing devices about three years before they actually release them to market.)

Posts in this topic should generally be limited to one per device with a link to the discussion thread about it. Or you can start a post under projects if you have a particular use case you were trying to meet and want to brainstorm device possibilities. Thanks!

1 Like

Hank One Button Scene Controller (UK zwave)

Very nice small one button battery operated device using central scene commands. 50x50 mm. Press or long press.

https://www.vesternet.com/z-wave-hank-scene-controller-1-button

Hank 4 Button Scene Controller (UK zwave)

Also available in a four button style for about £10 more.

1 Like

Would this work in the US?

Unfortunately, No.

All the Device posts are marked “US” and/or “UK.” The Hank devices are currently only available on the UK frequency.

When and if they are released on the US frequency, the posts will be updated to note that.

1 Like

does a remote, either hand held, or wall mounted, exist that has controllable leds too? I would love to find a 4 or more button controller that I can turn individual leds on from webCore.

You can use any of the following X-10 remotes and probably dozens others with my Smartapp and Device handlers - both on/off and dimming functions are supported. You will need to purchase a CM15A or CM19A device and also need a raspberry pi or another computer run the bridging software.

s-l640phw04d_4

SY355

1 Like

I must say this was the best option. With @enis help this took me a day to get everything up and running. Now I have devices that have an extended range. Don’t have to worry about them falling off the network and no I can put in action the 40 or so x10 devices that I was about to put on ebay. So if there is any of you out there that have a ton of x10 devices just sitting there let me know. Looking for some more remotes.

2 Likes

Third Reality No Wiring Battery Operated Smart Switch (Zigbee)

This is a skinny smart switch cover which physically moves the switch underneath. Will work with US style toggle or rocker switches, And unlike the switchmate, it will fit a double or triple gang format. Screws on over the existing switch. See the company’s FAQ for the necessary DTH. Looks like it identifies as a ZHA bulb, But without the dimming option, just on/off.

$39.99 when first released. Not cheap, but will be good for some use cases.

4 Likes

Also a Z-Wave wallmounted switch with wiring can be used if you don’t connect a load/lamp to the switch.

Haven’t seen the Neo Coolcam in this topic. I have some of these installed.

The Z-wave commands can be received by the hub and switch on/off the lights you program, they don’t need to be connected directly to the switch.

They are available in 1- and 2-gang models, EU & US version (frequency & size of the mounting).

Neo Coolcam wallmounted switches

Nice is the integral light and the tip-touch sensor (behind glass front).

You need phase/line + neutral connected to get the switch working.

It is a Z-Wave device, check for the proper frequency.

1 Like

What a clever idea!

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I bought several Xiaomi Smart Buttons (https://amzn.to/2LfnO2G - I didn’t buy from Amazon, link is just for example purposes of same product). I hooked them up to Smartthings with a Device Handler from the Smartthings community to turn on/off the lights in a room.

They work maybe 60% of the time. As in, I’ll click the button, it might work. If it doesn’t, I click again, it might work. Eventually it works. Sometimes when I have to click multiple times, it decides to work twice in a row (turn the light on and immediately back off). This happens even when I bring the button very close to the Smartthings hub.

Now my question is… is this the current state of Z-Wave/Zigbee devices or just the state of this inexpensive device / any devices that require custom device handlers / smartthings? Are there buttons that work 99-99.9% of the time on the first try? I’d like to know before I invest further into smart devices.

In the case of xiaomi devices, the problem is the devices. Plenty of threads discussing why that is, and what people have done to try to get them working with their ST hub (successfully for some, not so much for others).

But the bottom line is, they are not devices that are confirmed to work with ST, so please take any follow-up questions to those threads, rather than this one.

Edit: I also just noticed that you created a new thread to ask the same exact question. In the future, please just do that, rather than repeating the same question in another thread where it doesn’t really belong anyway.

3 Likes

Has anyone created a DTH for the ADT keychain security fob without using the ADT ST hub? I’d like to pair it with my Konnected system.

Like all of the dual logo ADT/smartthings devices, it is using a communications frequency which is only available with the SmartThings/ADT security panel. So you have to have that hub to use it at all.

Even if you do have that model of the hub, it appears that the key fob device can only be used as designed with the ADT panel on the security side . It is not available as a button controller for the home automation side.

You can ask any further questions about it in the following thread.

4 Likes

Samsung SmartThings Button (model GP-U999SJVLEAA), battery-operated, zigbee 3.0

Newly released for 2018, this $15 small button supports click, double click, and long hold. It’s also magnetic. According to community reports, it works with both the V2 and V3 hubs.

If Amazon is out of stock, try Best Buy.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-SmartThings-GP-U999SJVLEAA-One-Touch-Control/dp/B07F8ZFFQK

No word on when/if this button or the other new SmartThings devices will be available outside of the US.

For questions and discussion, see the following thread

Feature note: When the button was first introduced, if you were using the newer mobile app, “SmartThings (Samsung Connect),” you could set up this button to change the SHM alarm state. This was the only device so far which officially provided a way for changing SHM alarm state other than the mobile app itself (although if you are using the older app you can change the SHM alarm state through a routine and have the device trigger the routine). Note, however, that neither method could change the SHM alarm state unless the SmartThings cloud is available.

However, about two months after the smart button was introduced, this feature was removed from the app. :disappointed_relieved: Support has not been able to say whether the feature will come back in future releases are not.

4 Likes