FAQ: Did we lose the ability to add custom smartapps after the app update of June 2021?

Yes, our engineering team is working on that.

No problem, as you can use one of the SmartApp instances, there’s no need for an Android device.

1 Like

Perfect! I appreciate your help!

Please let me know if you need me to try anything.

2 Likes

It’s been almost a month, so I thought I would follow-up. I still don’t see my installed SmartApp displayed within the SmartThings iOS app.

Is this something that is still being worked on? Do you need me to try anything?

Thanks!

Any idea where the Add Smart App went in the new App? I just have Add scene and Add routine. I have developer mode activated. I’m on Android

3 Likes

thank you very much

1 Like

Sorry, don’t want to dig up an old thread, but I enabled developer mode, I can see it in settings, but I don’t have any way to add a SmartApp… I have gone through Automations > + > Add Routine but there is no “Add a SmartApp”. What am I missing? Is this feature gone for real now?

There’s an option at the bottom called “Discovery”. When you enter there, you need to scroll up the page to see the custom SmartApps.

Add Routine, and select Discover tab

1 Like

Where are these apps?

I’ve finally found this thread, activated the developer account settings and found the Discover tab for Automations in the Smartthings app.

I have a published my app, everything else seems to be fine.

1 Like

FINALLY, searched the forum for a whole week every day and asked samsung support twice. Thank you!

1 Like

@jkp THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH FOR THIS FIX!!
Exactly solved my issue with Smartapps not populating (Verisure, garage control etc).

Thanks!!!

1 Like

I got everything to work and I’m in Developer mode finally, however I don’t see ability to add Smart Apps in my device. My old smart apps appear, but I can’t add any new ones. Has this been removed?

click on the + in the upper right of the screen, select Add Routine, tap on the Discover tab, then scroll down to see if they are listed

2 Likes

I am so glad I found this. And this is so insanely ridiculous how buried it is! Thank you!

1 Like

I am attempting to deploy a API smartapp without building in the developer workspace. On iOS, I see the SmartApp but it does not allow for installation (and does not show up ‘double’ like when using the Developer Workspace portal).

Q: How do you ‘deploy’ a SmartApp from the API similar to deploying in the workspace?

By “API SmartApp”, you mean a “WEBHOOK_SMART_APP”, right?

We can only deploy a SmartApp using the Developer Workspace. In iOS, the issue is that the “undeployed” app appears as well, so, we see two options, the correct one (deployed) and this one.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Correct, it is a webhook smart app and I do have a version working when using the Dev Workspace.

Q: Is there any design plans to allow the SmartApp setup from via pure API? Seems odd that it allows complete setup and modifications from the API, but you can’t deploy and actually use it!?!?

As others pointed out, it doesn’t work for Anroid users.
When using an Android, even with activated Developer mode and the way described here via “Discovery” it doesn’t do anything. Using the latest Android with the latest Smarthings. Restarted the app, having the actual app ready but cannot get it to install

Oct 15th

· Update IDE to only allow updates or deletion of existing DTHs

· Disable the ability to add new SmartApps

· Remove the IDE debugging tools (Live Logging and IDE simulator)