The following are some issues experienced by users after migrating from a SmartThings account to Samsung account or by users who have previously added Samsung Appliances and TVs to the Samsung app/account before they had migrated their SmartThings account. Note: Samsung can implement this migration without you realizing it. They don’t send a notification before or after the actual migration event.
- Devices are missing in the Classic app.
- Hub/Devices are missing in the Classic app and you are prompted for the Welcome Code to add the hub.
- Devices do not appear when you login to the SmartThings (Samsung Connect) app (STSC).
- Two duplicate locations in IDE and unable to delete the empty one.
- Hub and most devices are in one Home Location and Samsung Appliances and TVs are in another.
- Two or more locations with devices/hub/Automations being split in those locations (see important notice at bottom of this 1st post)
How to resolve?
#1) The following may help resolve missing hubs or devices
option 1 - Sign out of the classic app, choose New to SmartThings when you login and enter your Samsung credentials.
option 2 - try changing the Home Location in the classic app.
option 3 - continue down to #2 below for removing duplicate Home Location.
option 1 - try changing the Home Location in the app.
option 2 - continue down to #2 below for removing duplicate Home Location.
Below are links to instructions for how to Change your Home Location in both the Classic and STSC apps. Both are clickable links.
#2) The following instructions should help with deleting a duplicate Home Location that has nothing in it.
- Login to IDE (with an incognito/private tab in your browser) at https://account.smartthings.com
- Goto Locations
- If you have multiple Locations, select the invalid one
- Make sure there is no Hub associated to it
- Scroll to the right and click Edit
- If the Default Location shows “true” (will be read only)
- If it is “true”, go back to Locations and select your primary (Real) location and set the default location to “true”
- Now you can edit/delete the additional Home location as it will automatically be set to “false”.
If you are unable to set default location to true, try the following suggestion:
#3) How to merge devices that are in two different Home Locations.
To move devices from one Location to another in the STSC app, you must move all devices from the initial Location to the new one, including the SmartThings Hub. The devices will continue to be connected to the SmartThings Hub. This may be useful if you decide to move your existing SmartThings Hub and devices to a Location that already has non-SmartThings devices connected to it, such as an appliance or a television.
- Tap on the Devices tab
- Tap the Location drop-down menu at the top of the screen
- Select your Location
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Edit
- Tap the three dots in the top right
- Tap Move all my devices
- Select the new Location
- Tap Move
The easiest solution may be to simply remove the devices and add them to the Home Location of your choice. That is If you only have 1 or 2 Samsung TVs or appliances, delete them and add them to the Home Location that has the majority of your devices and your hub.
If any of the above fails to resolve any of the issues, contact ST support at https://support.smartthings.com or post on the forum for assistance.
Important Notice - since February 17, 2019 there have been some users reporting the creation of multiple locations after opening the STSC app with the result of their hub, devices and Automations being separated in those locations. In this case, please open a ticket with ST support. None of the methods noted above will help you resolve this issue. Please note: Do not delete anything at this point but wait for Support to assist. Also, report this issue in the following thread and tag @Brad_ST
New app and multiple locations... is it possible?