FAQ: Change Samsung Connect mesh router to hub only?

Just curious if I’m able to "downgrade " my connect mesh to be a smartthings hub only? I’m looking at changing mesh around but instead of buying a new smartthings hub would like to switch the mesh tk be a hub only is this possible?

Thanks

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe you can do this by using it in bridge mode. This will allow it to connect to an existing network rather than trying to run the network on its own.

1 Like

One other thing: it’s not clear to me whether that model hub has any local processing capabilities, it may require an active connection to the smartthings cloud for all operations. Where the other models can at least run smart lighting automations with some devices locally. But you would need to confirm that. :thinking:

I have it in bridge mode currently however it still is broadcasting the wifi I want to use it as a smartthings hub only totally kill the wifi on it as has 3 hubs I want to use 1 only and let the mesh wifi be controlled by another system.

1 Like

Ok so I have done some deep research and found a solution. I can delete the 2 sub hubs. And on main kill wifi. As the main hub is the smartthings hub.

1 Like

Since the 3 nodes are identical. Can I reset all of them and use each one as an ST hub?

I believe so. The main hub is the smartthings portion as ive read if you don’t want to redo settings. I’ll be tackling this project today and let you all know if I succeed or lose my mind

1 Like

So I have removed 2 hubs killed wifi on connect and no issues. I left the main hub didn’t reset or anything.

1 Like