FAQ: Are Smart Bulbs Repeaters? (Updated 2019: the new answer is yes, but may be inconsistent)

Just FYI, been running several more days with the Ecosmart bulbs in the mix and my Xiaomi window/door, temp/humidity and vibration sensors have been fine. My motion sensors have been a bit iffy, but I think that’s due to increasing the network up to 70+ devices and I have some weak paths in place.

Several more days with Ecosmart bulbs – All working fine with Xiaomi devices. Previous issue with motion sensors was actually do to them routing through Hue bulbs. Replaced all Hue bulbs with Ecosmart bulbs and everything has been rock solid.

1 Like

Presumably you had the Hue bulbs directly paired to your ST hub rather than via the Hue hub?

Yes, the Hue’s were directly joined and also serving as the router for many of the Xiaomi sensors. Maybe 1 out of 30 or 50 messages would be dropped by the Hue.

I never noticed with just temp/humidity sensors, but when I added motion sensors that turned on bathroom lights maybe a dozen times a day it was very noticeable.

Now with all the Hue stuff gone, it’s been a lot more solid.

1 Like

© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartApps®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.