FAQ: Affordable Hardware Dashboard

That is it in my post above. Save it in an xml file and import it. The forums don’t allow me to upload an xml file.

Is it a project or a task, or scene? There are multiple things that may need to be exported to get the whole picture.

Ive tried to save that info as “motion.xml” and its not importing.

Even tried to save it as “motion.prj.xml” but that didnt work either.

Any further assistance would be much appreciated.

What Im trying to get out of this is to have:
Screen dim until I walk near the device
unlock my profile
land on smarttiles
when I walk away, the screen dims and waits for next time someone walks by.

Will the code you posted, do that?

So I must be cursed. I still have not had any luck with the Qi charging of the Fire 7 tablet.

I have tried the following charging coils:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2V874K?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00&tag=bensentyou-20

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00X2DRFSW?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00&tag=bensentyou-20

And these receivers:

With this power supply:

I can not get the Fire to register that it is receiving power. Just wanted to post this FYI in case anyone else has tried emulating the wireless charging setup and has had any luck.

The 2 iDOO receivers you reference are only 500ma output, you need a 1000ma output receiver to work with the Fire. Ask me how I know :smirk:

Haha, glad to hear it’s user error! Any recommendation of where to find a receiver that will work with the Fire?

The one @beckwith references above will work, but as he said it only has a middle connector. Should not matter though if you are going to place it on the inside of the case, which has the added benefit of no external plug in the usb :grinning: Only need 2 wires to connect it up, just search around, there are many videos and instruction on how to do it.

Also, I do not like the look and feel of the FireOS, so I did this. Watch the video (link here) and he will explain it all. The tool can be downloaded here. With his tool the process is super easy if you have access to a Windows machine.

2 Likes

This was my first (and only) foray into Tasker so I’m not sure how much I can help. It only dims the screen until you approach it. I exported it (task?) into an xml file and dumped the contents above.

If you want to do more I don’t have that knowledge and would ask the community.

1 Like

It is a Tasker Profile (motiondetected.prf.xml). I threw it in my Google Drive, you can download it from there.

2 Likes

Thanks! That worked. Does your notification dropdown show “No active profiles” for Tasker? I cant seem to get that to display what profile is active. Yes, the toggle for that profile is switched to on.

And are you using the “Auto Start” app from the linked directions, or “Keep Screen on Free”?

Thanks @wve, 3rd time’s a charm with the receivers. I’ve got it ordered.

I agree that I’m not the biggest fan of the FireOS, which is why I’ve also got mine rooted running Nova Launcher. Debating whether to put CM12 on it and bypass FireOS altogether.

If you look at the flow for the Task it appears as though the “MotionDetected” profile runs for such a short amount of time that it may not display in the notification dropdown.

Yes the dropdown shows “No active profiles”.

I’m using “Keep Screen On Free” app. I don’t recall why but think the “Auto Start” app doesn’t bypass the Fire OS start up ad.

The flow appears to work properly, when running the task. Ive set the tablet down for minutes and the screen never dims, therefore when I walk up to it, its still as bright. When I walk away nothing happens to the brightness.

Ive worked with tasker but have never tried to do type of setup.

Agreed. My goal was to use the native OS as much as possible. When you go to the level of rooting or loading Google Play, it seems there is greater chance of bricking your device.

1 Like

Do you have the Motion Detector app running? There’s some setup that you have to do within the Motion Detector app to make sure it is looking for motion, and then a blue icon that you have to press to start the motion detection.

You also need to enable the setting in the Motion Detector app for Notification > Send > Yes.

You have to have the three apps running. Right now I haven’t gone to the effort to figure out how to do it on start up.

Do you have Motion Detector running? When it detects motion it will indicate it on its screen. There is probably a Motion Detector configuration that I failed to mention. You have to press the “Detector” button to start it, for one.

Oh, just noticed @nelemansc post…

If you figure it out let me know the steps and I’ll add it to my initial post.

Ive done all that. and get an audible tone that verifies detecting motion.
Keep screen on is also on and its in the notification dropdown with a time its been running for.

My setup:
Imported the .xml file posted by @nelemansc
–verified the task works by running the task independently

Motion detector is active (audible verification
–disabled picture
–notification–>send, on–>receive is checked.

Keep screen on free
–Until I turn off
–Run as a service for quick access
–Continue keep on after screen turns off and then on
–Continue keep on after power off an then on

My screen dim slider is at full brightness.

I assume this works to where it will dim to 1% if no motion is detected and when I walk up to it, the screen will go to full brightness until 10 seconds of no motion?

Try changing the intent received to

org.motion.detector.ACTION_GLOBAL_BROADCAST

I didn’t have any luck with the “org.jastrzab.move.ACTION_GLOBAL_BROADCAST” intent

1 Like

That was it!

Thank you!!

1 Like

I made the change in my post above for others:

1 Like