False Garage Door events tonight

I have seen this once (2am… no one at the house, either) - in my Linear. It’s been installed about a month. most odd.

I see the same thing. Happened again last night right after I went to bed. Got a push notification that the garage was open, walked out to check it and it was closed. I also have two garage doors with the GD00Z-4 and both have reported incorrectly, probably a total of 5-6 times in 3 months.

I am having this same problem with my Linear garage door opener.
I have been getting false events all day.
I have replaced the battery in the tilt sensor, but doesnt appear to have helped.
I have tried a Z-wave repair command and not sure if that will makes things better.

I powered the linear controller up and down, and did a z-wave repair.
Fortunately between the that and the battery replacement, my false garage door events have stopped.

We have one of the Linear garage door controllers, and it has the same issue. False positive for a status change to “Opening”, which triggers the Smart Home Monitor. We’ve changed batteries as well.

This issue is maddening, because I don’t want to disable intrusion detection for the garage door, but I also hate being woken up in the middle of the night for false alarms.

It works great except for this issue. I’d replace it in a heartbeat if there was a good alternative that doesn’t require duct tape and baling wire. Any other garage door controllers that have direct integration with SmartThings?

remove the sensor from smart home monitor… that will stop the false alarms. then buy a secondary contact or tilt sensor to be used in smart home monitor…

2 Likes

This is what we did, right after you suggested it. Has worked perfectly since. We use the Linear garage door opener only for controlling the door, and completely ignore its status. We got a contact sensor with a magnetic reed switch that we mounted to door, and it’s never provided a false positive.