Failed Timed Events - It's back!

No, it stopped after about 45 minutes on it’s own.

I deal with many status pages for telco and network providers. They rarely state there is a problem if it’s localized/small set of users. Still want it, but the bar is very low out there.

Sure, my point is, you cannot say whether the problem is resolved or not. To say that, you need to know root cause and know that the cause was eliminated. There could be a dynamic unknown to you that will cause it to become symptomatic at unpredictable times.

Umm, symptom went away, yes. Root cause is not identified, I agree.

I saw nothing in my logs other than all my fobs changing on their own.

Support hypothesized wifi interference. I’m not convinced, but can’t say it wasn’t either.

Since it wasn’t much of an issue, I will wait for it to happen again and see if there is a trend I can match to it.

2 Likes

Ok, to be fair to ST, I discovered the routine not running was my problem. Fat fingered a restriction. The presence problem is still unknown.

1 Like

I have had several time based events fail over the past 2 weeks, contacted support and they told me to “update” each app in the IDE which I did. Fixed it until the next day, same thing, some fired, some didn’t. Support got back to me again and told me to refresh each app every day for a while and to monitor it.

When I look at my logs, there is nothing in there to even begin to troubleshoot

Rick

Imagine this being a interaction with Joe Consumer.

For one… Joe consumer can use a wall outlet timer and spend less time, deal with less frustration, and have more reliability. The edge cases aren’t the issues, the edge cases are the rabidly insane that are willing to put up with this nonsense by continually trying to fix issues and design around a broken system when it would be clearly easier to do without entirely.The robots have won. They are automating us.

1 Like

Well it looks as if grandma has a steep learning curve before she will be able to use SmartThings. My only hope is the people at SmartThings are paying attention because “IF” they can fix it for those of us living on the bleeding edge of this technology they will have the best platform out there for Joe Consumer.

4 Likes