Experience with Remote Deployment: Sketchy

Alas, same problem has recurred: I am 1500 miles away from that location and five days ago the Zooz ZEN23 switch again went missing from the ZWave network. A piece of our security lighting that had been running smoothly is now not happening.

An attempted remote ZWave network repair didn’t change a thing. Neither did remotely rebooting the hub. Since I coaxed the switch back to life last April, it has worked flawlessly every night until now. Simple Device Viewer reports the last event was received from the switch five days ago. Every other device is still on-line and checking in.

Last time this happened, I was able to bring the switch back to life by doing a ZWave ‘Replace’ and toggling the switch a few times. But my arm isn’t long enough to try that until we return for the holidays.

Is it the Zooz switch itself? Was it caused by the SmartThings hub update to v0.19.19? Or is it yet another of those unexplanable, intermittent ‘glitches’ that seem to plague the SmartThings ecosystem – like false positives on sensors that popped up twice for me, so far?

Since we’re headed back later next week, I will reach out to @TheSmartestHouse to see if they have any suggestions to try or if there is anything I might do to provide debugging help for this product. Do they see a difference in reliability with Zooz devices such as this switch between SmartThings and other home automation products? Now that would be interesting…

1 Like