Expandable Zigbee Repeater Solution (With Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensors)

I have realized that since the Serial port feature has been introduced, I have do not have any example on how to use it.

Thanks to @douglaspitman for bringing up the topic, I write an Arduino sketch that read DS18B20 sensor and send the data through the Environment sensor.

I use a board named blue pill. It is based on STM32. Arduino has support for this board. I go with Arduino route since it is really easy to write the code that pull data from DS18B20 and send it over through the serial port. Arduino has so many library so that we can write simple code quickly.

I will upload the code on Arduino and DTH. I will avoid the detail instruction on this thread to keep it short. But, if you need more information, please do feel free to reach out. I will be happy to document them.

This is the rough image how all the component put together for testing. I am also testing how long I can wire the probe. I am able to get the wiring roughly around 15 feet. I use CAT-5 cable. I have suspicion that I can go much longer than 15 feet. I do not have cable longer than that. I am looking to get 100 feet cable to test if possible.

You can get DS18B20 sensor for less than $3, if you are not afraid of looking to the Chinese supplier. The blue pill boards can be purchased for less than $3. For total of less than $6, you can extend the sensor to include the probe. Here is the kicker, this is not the end of what you can do. If you notice the Arduino board above, we only use small number of pin in the board. There are plenty of other sensor that you can connect to the Arduino and expose it to the ST hub.

If you have something in mind to connect, please feel free to reach out.

Thanks
Iman