Expandable Zigbee Repeater Solution (With Temperature, Humidity, Pressure and Light sensors)

dear Iman

I am interested in your modules.
Would need few of them for aqara

Are they still available ?

thank you

I am sorry for late reply. I will have some more available in the next few days. I will need to test them. Once, they look good I will let you know. I hope the timing is fine with you. At this exact moment, I do not have small modules. I have some in Arduino shield form.

Thanks
Iman

Hi Everyone,

I just want to let you know that I have availability of the Homemade sensors that I have been making.

Today is the official mark from that we are graduated from Homemade stage. The current batch is the first significant batch build by manufacturer. I expect the manufacturing process is superior compared to what I have been able to do in the past.

I have significant quantity ordered. Within reason, I should be able to full fill quantity that you need.

I also want to extend my appreciation to the community and specially to those who had donated/purchased my sensors in the past. I hope you find them useful.

It has been a long thread. If you just read this portion, in summary, the sensor that I have made is a Zigbee Environment Sensor (4 sensors in 1… temperature, humidity, pressure and light). It is expandable where you can control simple IO and Analog sensor. It also has serial port expand-ability which you can use as Thingshield replacement. It is a Zigbee 3.0 repeater with hardware power amplifier for extended coverage. The Zigbee 3.0 compatibility will help to keep those Xiaomi sensor.

Thanks
Iman

7 Likes

I just setup an Ebay listing for convenience.

I have to increase the price due to ebay+paypal fee. For community member, if you still would like to purchase the modules directly here, you can PM me. I will commit to my original price of $28 shipped to US address.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

What about orders to Canada? When might you set up international shipping? I just got shot down trying to place an order.

I will be happy to send to you. I sent some sensor to Canada in the past using USPS. That time it cost around $15 for the shipping with USPS.

Having said that, today is a bit different time due the COVID-19. The shipping cost will not be different. However, there could be some risk in delivery. If you are willing to take the risk, I am can try to ship the sensor to you.

I use paypal. Paypal also have UPS. This is expensive but may not be affected by delay. If you are open to this option, I am happy to check what It would cost. But, as of now, I can guess that it would be multiple order of the $15 that USPS charge.

Let me know.

Thanks
Iman

@Grantsauto,

I looked at the USPS status page in regard to international shipping. I do get questions for shipping from time to time from other users as well. Here is the USPS status page for each country.

Based on that page, I am now opening shipping for international destination. I also will take advantage Ebay shipping vs paypal. It seems Ebay rate is better.

There is a good news. Those who has qualified Ebay account, there is $5 off coupon eligible for this item. This is not my coupon. I do not have control who are eligible. Ebay somehow kind enough to have this promotion. I thought I just share it.

Thanks
Iman

Just placed my order, looking forward to getting another project started.
Thanks

@Grantsauto, Thanks. I have shipped it out. If you do not have the tracking, please PM me.

is there a discount if you buy more than 1

1 Like

No, @Alwas is correct. These sensors are amazing, and for the price well worth much more.
Also, @iharyadi is extremely helpful, beyond anything you would get from a commercial product.

You all are reading into this WAYYY to much.

These are looking amazing! Well done!

1 Like

Couple of questions, if you run these off battery are they accurate enough for cigar humidor?

I saw you linked a pack of batteries farther up the page on amazon but they show no longer available, can you by chance link to some batteries that would work that are available?

Is there any programming of the module/board required or do you just power it up and pair with smartthings? Custom DH required?

Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Nick,

My sensor is built to run with DC power with battery backup in the case of power outage. The sensor function as repeater also which require the radio to be on all the time. It is not designed to be used exclusively with battery. The sensor reading should be as accurate in DC powered and well as in battery power.

It can use any JST PH2.0 LIPO/LI-on 1S battery. These kind of battery is know as RC (remote control toys) battery. There are other options in Amazon. For example,

https://www.amazon.com/SoloGood-Infinity-Graphene-Powerwhoop-Connector/dp/B07LF575WR/ref=sr_1_2?crid=RVBLCXUEEQ6F&dchild=1&keywords=lipo+1s+battery&qid=1591211008&sprefix=lipo+1s+%2Caps%2C250&sr=8-2

Please make sure you check the polarity. RC LIPO battery may not be standardized the polarity. Some vendor flip the around. But, JST PH2.0 can be reconfigured easily.

There is no programming needed on the board. I have my custom DTH. You do not need to write your own. But, you can if you want to. It exposes standard Zigbee clusters. That is all you need to get Light, Temperature,Humidity and pressure measurement. The sensor can do more. It has plenty of expansion possibility. I will be happy to elaborate more if you are looking to do DIY work on it.

Thanks for the questions.

br
Iman

Thanks for the reply, looks like this won’t work for me as I do not wish to drill a hole in the humidors :frowning:

Got it. Sure, you may want to consider some of the battery powered Humidity and Temperature sensor. Xiaomi make one. But, they are tricky to use. There are other sensor as well that probably suite your need.

If you need repeater for those sensor since they will be encapsulated in the box, you can go back and consider mine. My sensor work as repeater as well with dedicated power amplifier. This will help penetrate hard to pass enclosure. It will help with those hard to work Xiaomi sensors as well for different reason.

Must the device remain uncovered to work? I’m thinking about using one near a dehumidifier and washing machine area.

Hi JD,

It is not. Some member make 3D case for it. But, if you put it inside a case, you should still have ventilation so the air can circulate.

If you are just using it near humidifier, I think one other option is to coat it with conformal coating coating if available. Or nail polish like below.

There is one area should not be coated. There is one sensor that has a hole in it. This should not be coated to get good reading. We just have to risk it in such use.

There is a picture where you may not want to coat it…

Thanks
Iman

Just to be clear is all the code I need is the Github Device handler github.com/iharyadi/zigbee_repeater?