Evolve LTM-5 transmitter to LRM-AS association

How could I add the reverse association?

If it makes you feel any better, I asked the same question a few months ago and never got a response either. :smile:

Thanks - I gave this a shot, but it doesnā€™t seem to work with my switches. Iā€™ve configured a button on the minimote to turn everything on.

Thanks for this Duncan. I followed your steps last night and now have my LTM-5 associated properly! I just picked 1 for the group and it worked. Do I need to create a different group for each 3 way switch I installed?

The code method is also documented in the official ST documentation near the bottom of the Association page:

http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/building-z-wave-device-types/z-wave-primer.html

@Chalk4 No, you should use group 1 for all of them. Some switches have more groups, like sending commands to group 2 on double tap, but I donā€™t think the LTM-5 does that.

I assume also all of this only works with a zwave device that supports ā€œassociation,ā€ right? (Not all zwave switches do.)

That is, ST hasnā€™t added any overlay magic to simulate this for switches that donā€™t support association, right?

@duncan Ok cool. Good to know. You may want to add that to your instructions up top. I just assumed to use group 1 but didnt know for sure.

As @jonamerica says, there is a known issue, confirmed by Linear, that some of their switches will only support association group 1, not 2 or 3, in spite of the manuals saying otherwise. This appears to also affect the similar Evolve models.

http://forum.micasaverde.com/index.php/topic,23122.0.html

The conformance statements have been updated to remove support for association.

http://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/1028/embedpics

So itā€™s worth trying, but results arenā€™t guaranteed.

Yes, this is for accessory switches (or Wall Transmitters, or ā€œ1-Button Scene Controller/Virtual Switch Remote 3-way RF Controllersā€ ā€“ everyone calls them something different). If you want to have one switch turn others on you could use the Big Switch SmartApp.

Could this device type be used to have a motion sensor turn on and off z-wave switch(s)? If not is the ā€œZ-Wave association control panelā€ published, or close, or ready for beta testers? :slight_smile:

Yes it should work for that, as long as the motion sensor supports more than one association (the Schlage one I have only accepts one device).

I was going to (did) try with the aeon multi. So far I did not get it to work.

If itā€™s the new Gen5 version, it wonā€™t work as is, because thatā€™s a secure device. If itā€™s the old version it might work, but you have to make sure to wake up the sensor by holding down the button for 2 seconds before it will be able to accept the association command.

Itā€™s not a Gen5. I tried to do it with the minimote as well as with the device type. No luck. Maybe a GE45609 would not associate this way? The lights on the minimote indicate success but who knows.

I had looked at the earlier posts of this thread a long while ago, but stumbled upon it again todayā€¦

THANK YOU! I had been living with about a 6 second delay on one LTM that I had associated with my minimote. I could move the delay around to different LTMā€™s, but one always seemed to have it. With this Device Type, Iā€™ve re-associated the switches and weā€™re back in business. First world problem to the extreme, but it really was annoying. :smile:

Thank you!!! After finally figuring out the wiring needed, I couldnā€™t get the minimote to associate the switches. I was about to pull my hair out when I found your post. It worked like a charm the first time. Thank you!!

Iā€™m using this threads instructions and have managed to bond a few WD/WS devices to WT devices. They are all physically working well. I noticed in the app however that (at least recently, I thought I tested them in the app when I first set them up) that while the WT can be controlled by ST (light goes on and off on the front) if you control it through the app it wonā€™t turn on the corresponding load switch (WS/WD).

Anyone seen this behavior? I checked and the association ID and group ID are correct for the load switches and when I turn them on and off physically the load switches do change state and power the device.

Thanks!

@duncan Hey, figured I should bump your way since this is an old topic Iā€™m replying to. If you should have some time Iā€™m willing to do the leg work on my end.

The testing Iā€™ve done has shown that the ST app will toggle the WT on and off (shown by the front indicator) but the WT wonā€™t toggle the WS/WD unless I physically throw the switch.

Thanks for whatever time you might be able to spare for this!

Are you talking about tapping the tile of the accessory switch? That will send a command to the accessory switch, but it is up to the device to decide what to do with that.

I donā€™t know if thereā€™s a way to configure it to forward that command to its associated switches, but I would expect not. Thatā€™s not the usual way Z-Wave would work ā€“ if you want to turn on those switches, you would send the commands straight to them, not through an accessory. The accessory is there as an extra physical affordance.

The associations are stored on the switch itself, not in SmartThings. The SmartThings way to turn on/off multiple switches is to use the SmartApp ā€œThe Big Switch.ā€ When we add official support for these kind of devices, we probably wonā€™t make them controllable like that, to make it clear they are working as a remote control, not an actuator.

So not using the switch in the app makes sense but I am running into a problem with the good night command which is supposed to turn off the load switch.

I just took a screen shot and have a log capture as well but at the moment the two accessory switches are showing as on and the lights are turned on but the load switches (one WS and one WD) are both shown as off. Thus good night wonā€™t turn off the lights.