EverSpring (Utilitech) SE812 Siren

HI. Thought I would share my experience of the Everspring SE812 siren I have just connected to a V3 and V2 hubs.

Its a very easy product to use and can be picked up quite cheaply in the UK. I first connected to my V2 hub and it connected first time with no issues. After testing I followed the instructions to reset it to factory defaults ( press button 3 times in 1.5 seconds I think) and then I connected it to my V3 hub which again worked first time.

Only gotcha’s I can see are

1. The siren tamper switch didn’t work on the V2 hub but did on the V3 hub (strange)
  2. The quiet mode seems too quiet

Also I would like to use the 6VDC 600ma power adp with it but I am struggling to find out first what the size of DC plug it uses as it is quite small? but also can you connect the power adapter and leave the batteries in or is it one or other?

Can you change the batteries for re-chargeable and thus have those as a battery backup?

If anyone can expand on this that would be useful, but in general the product is a very good and certainly loud indoor siren that works with ST well.

I’ve been using two of these for a couple years and no complaints. Decided to try out the DC adapter but not having any luck. Bought one of the adapters that comes with a number of ends and one of them fits well (Outer diameter: 3.5mm, Inner diameter: 1.35mm.) but no light, nothing. Not sure if it is a specialty plug or maybe the feature isn’t enabled. The adapter is set to 6V.

Looks like it was the latter. Despite all the documentation showing the DC port being functional, it does not appear to be so. The back of the cover actually shows the DC port having ‘no function’, go figure.

So I opened it up, did a quick soldering job connecting the DC pins to the battery pins and it is now powered by the adapter. Plus it hasn’t burned the house down yet so there’s that. Probably not the ideal way to go about it and it still shows as 100% battery but I assume it will just always show that now.

An even easier solution might be getting a LR14 C Battery Eliminator kit.