Eufy EverCam

This camera has a one year battery life and totally wireless. Sounds great. Now on Kickstarter. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1116368506/evercam-the-wirefree-security-cam-with-365-day-bat?utm_source=marketo&utm_medium=email&utm_content=eufytws_180416_eufyeng&ref=8exdl7&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWXpVNE1EQTROVE15WkRNeSIsInQiOiJVV0FCQmJzZ0Z0Slwvb2w2d0xqbzRGdGVUUTFKQ3pjWEhcL3Y4RlYzcU12SCsra0lsaXZaZWwybkZBS0dVbUZLR0orOHhPSHlqQUlpRGlxRjhEZWdnRFF3R1lVRDZvVWQ0QVJBdklhZlVRaUdLcEFVaVRhVDUwUjhwaFRmZ2lWYVVNNHFWYU1mOWNHcEhEdEgzQW1RXC9NaGc9PSJ9

1 Like

For $300 MSRP it had better deliver on everything they’re claiming:

Face-Recognizing Alerts | Motion Detection | 1080p Full HD | No Monthly Fee | Free Local Storage | Night Vision | Weatherproof (IP66)

Everything sounds great when a crowdfunding campaign first opens.

2 Likes

I have the Arlo and there have been a lot of glitches especially when changing batteries. This product sounds good maybe but there is, according to the “creator” in the comments no direct smartthings support. It does have ifttt & alexa so I guess you could use those. One annoying thing maybe is that while they say local storage (up to 128 GB) - I also read in the comments that it’s encrypted and you need to have an account to access. For “our protection” of course.

Again as stated it is still in Kickstarter marketing mode so your mileage may vary. It does look remarkably like the Arlo (camera and base station).