SmartThings Community

ESP8266 Smart Sprinkler System

smartapp_irrigation
dth_irrigation
requires_server
project_yard

Can someone tell me what power adapter to use for the R8?

0 Likes

Not sure if anyone is watching this thread, but I am having an issue adding the code to the LinkNode R8. I added it and was able to see it in wifi on my phone, but typed in credentials for my home wifi and it did not work. Since then, can’t get it to come on. Went into Arduino IDE and added the flashing code from LinkNode’s page and that worked as it should. Went into EasyESP and uploaded the BIN file to the LinkNode, and now it says it has completed, but the green light will stay on for 5-10 seconds, then just a red light on the LinkNode and nothing on wifi. Anyone have any idea??

0 Likes

(Ghassanjankeel) #127

Try older ESP8266 board version in arduino ide

0 Likes

How far back should I go?

0 Likes

(Ghassanjankeel) #129

I don’t remember however from Dan’s post in ST_Anything https://github.com/DanielOgorchock/ST_Anything
“If using an ESP8266, make sure you are using v2.4.2 of the Arduino ESP8266 Board manager (v2.4/2.4.1 introduced a memory leak causing ST_Anythign to crash after an hour or two) along with Arduino IDE 1.8.8.”

0 Likes

(Bdonchen) #130

I had to reset my setup recently as it stopped working and I’ve been running into an error with the smart app. After discovering the device, selecting it, hitting done, and hitting next, I see a blank page. Hitting save here results in “(!) error - bad state. Unable to complete page configuration.” Anyone else have this issue/ have a solution?

0 Likes