I have some noob questions.
First I will tell you what i have already done, or tried to do.
- tried to follow the ST_Anything setup by Ogiewon.
- installed the ST_anything libraries and sketches
- installed the esp8266 add-on in the board manager
- added the device handlers to the samsung ide
- added a new device (st_anything parent ethernet)
The first problem is that i can’t connect to the esp to upload a sketch. Although, i’m not even sure if i am supposed to upload a sketch to this type of board. Here is the board on amazon: esp01 4 relay
I have made some progress. when i save the settings for the device on the ST app, the blue light on the esp flashes once. that seems like i have connected to it in some way.
So here are my questions:
- can someone walk me through uploading a sketch to the board if that is possible/necessary?
- is there a simpler way to do this? the ST_anything code seems like it is very convenient for adding multiple devices. I only need to add this one device and to be able to send 8 simple HEX codes to it to control the relays.