Error page when trying to link August Home to ST (13 June 2021)

For the last month I have had my August Wifi Gen4 Lock and app connected to ST. Had some technical issues with the lock and was going to return it. I physically removed the lock, factory reset it, and removed the device and app integration from ST and Google Home.

Today I was playing with the lock and giving it one last try before packaging it up. I resolved my technical issues and decided to keep it. However, when I try to add it back to ST through the add device with the August Home app (login to August, verify sms code, verify August permissions, click finish) I get an error page that says "Connection between SmartThings and August Home encountered an error. Request Code: " like the following.

I’ve tried clearing the both app’s cache, uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting phone, rebooting ST Hub, rebooting home router, verifying cookies are not blocked in my mobile browser, among other things. Is there something wrong with the August Home app integration on ST? I was able to add it back to the Google Home App without issue. Even removed and re-added it a few times. Googling for the specific error provided no results.

Thanks in advance!

If you have not already done this …. Contact Both August and ST support to report the issue :slight_smile:

https://support.august.com/

1 Like

I am getting the same error as well. I have tried to delete the linked service and go through the process again but it did not help.

1 Like

Yep, I can also confirm the same problem is happening with my August WiFi Smart Lock (4th Gen). It was working fine but now receive the “A network or server error occurred. Try again later.” message when I try to lock/unlock through the SmartThings app.
SmartThings Android app version: 1.7.65.43
Lock model: AUG-SL05-M01-S01
Just checked the IDE and the lock status is shown as online, with a direct connection to my V3 hub.

1 Like

Definitely report the issue to both SmartThings support and August support. The more people who report it, the more resources they are likely to assign to investigating.

ST:

August:

https://support.august.com/

You can give them the link to this thread as well if you want.

I’ve put in tickets with August and with SmartThings. Hopefully I’ll hear something tomorrow since today is Sunday.

1 Like

I’m having the same issues with mine too. Contacted both and waiting to hear back.

1 Like

Same deal with me, stopped working sometime on 6/11. Reported it to both services and shared the link to this thread with Smartthings support.

1 Like

Im having the exact same issue, I already submitted some tickets to Samsung and August, I will update here if I get any response

1 Like

Same here. Stopped working on the night between June 11th and 12th. Already notified SmartThings and August Home support. SmartThings asked for more details so all the information and logs submitted. No news from August Home though.
Same as other report I was able to see lock and DoorSense status but was not able to lock or unlock through SmartThings. Tried to unlink and then link accounts but not able to anymore. Tried to do the same with Google Home - integration was successful. So now my scenes and automations are gone…
Don’t think there was an update but on the morning when SmartThings was not able to lock/unlock the lock, I was this notice in the SmartThings app - [Notice] Meet the all-new SmartThings!

Hopefully this will be resolved soon…

It looks like this could be something on August side. Even after rolling the SmartThings app back the issue is still present. There is also a server error when attempting to access August Home browser log in.

1 Like

Could well be, but I checked with a friend who has this lock and he says it’s still working fine with Alexa and HomeKit. So looks like something specific to the ST integration.

1 Like

Like everyone else, mine stopped working too.
I just checked in the August app and under Works With it lists AirBnb, Amazon, Apple, Google, Honeywell, IFTTT, Liberty Mutual, Logitech Pop, Philips hue, Wink, Xfinity, and Z-Wave Alliance. No mention of Smartthings. Did it used to?

No, ST has never been listed in the August app

@jkp

It is listed directly on their site.

yes, it has been listed on their website but not their app :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi All,

Any news on this as I was about to add an August Lock I have bought to my Smartthings hub but don’t want to hit any temporary issues.

Thanks.

Did you add it as a wifi lock or by z-wave?

I haven’t added it yet. I was about to in the next few days but have just noticed this thread, so thought I’d hold fire till the issue is resolved.
Mines the z-wave version.

Still not working for me. But if you are only using the z-wave connectivity and not wifi, you will be fine. If you have the z-wave version that is.

1 Like