Enerwave Motor Controller (Model: ZWN-MCM-AC) recognized as Basic Relay Switch instead of Curtain Motor Controller/Shutter Relay by SmartThings Hub/App

So I changed the device type to a “centralite dimmer” and unfortunately the result is that the actions ON/OFF in the SmartThings App do not result in the engine turning right OR left physically.

So I believe the hardware Enerwave Motor Controller (Model: ZWN_MCM-AC) is not compatible with the CentraLite Dimmer Device Type.

Just to make sure I followed the right process:

On https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices I clicked on [+ New SmartDevice]

I selected tab [From Template]

I selected [CentraLite Dimmer]

I clicked on [Create]

I clicked on [Set Location]

I selected for ‘Choose a device to test with’ [Enerwave Shutter Relay]

I clicked on [Install]

I clicked on [Publish] > [For Me]

I clicked on [Save]

I tested whether the hardware and updated software configuration would pair by unplugging and replugging the power to the SmartThings Hub and the Enerwave Motor Controller.

It unfortunately did not.

I created a New SmartDevice and followed the same above steps but now for Dimmer Switch (the original auto-selected Device Type initially).

After unplugging and replugging the power to the SmartThings Hub and the Enerwave Motor Controller I was able to control the Enerwave Motor Controller as per original configuration:

On = Turn Right
Off = Turn Left

As a side-remark, I believe I read user Aracaneshark experience the same problem as me, but with the Fibaro FGRM 222 - Roller Shutter: