[EDGE] Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Lock Driver for Schlage, Yale, Kwikset, IDLock, Popp, Danalock, August Pro, Keywe, Philia, Samsung

Mine was updated this morning when I checked it.

1 Like

This worked on my BE469ZP locks, but not on my BE469 lock. On the latter, the code appears as “*” unless I delete each code and re-add or just add a new code. There are no errors in the log. Is this a limitation of the BE469 lock or the driver?

Do driver logging in the CLI and see what the lock returns when you do the reloadAllCodes. That will tell you if it’s the lock or the driver.

Lock firmware limitation

1 Like

Looks like the non-ZP firmware obfuscates the actual lock code likely because the payload is not encrypted:

2023-08-03T18:15:59.643778853+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Lock PH BETA  <ZwaveDevice: 95130d4e-f4ee-4c39-b624-ad6013361692 [38] (Laundry Room Door Lock)> received Z-Wave command: {args={user_code="**********", user_id_status="ENABLED_GRANT_ACCESS", user_identifier=3}, cmd_class="USER_CODE", cmd_id="REPORT", dst_channels={}, encap="S0", payload="\x03\x01\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A\x2A", src_channel=0, version=1}

The ZP version supports S2 encapsulation and provides the actual lock code in an encoded form:

2023-08-03T18:13:22.839518211+00:00 INFO Z-Wave Lock PH BETA  <ZwaveDevice: c51f9d0f-8e2b-4966-9644-6d5f5d889eeb [71] (Front Door Lock)> received Z-Wave command: {args={user_code="\x31\x31\x32\x32\x33\x33\x0A\x0D", user_id_status="ENABLED_GRANT_ACCESS", user_identifier=3}, cmd_class="USER_CODE", cmd_id="REPORT", dst_channels={}, encap="S2_ACCESS_CONTROL", payload="\x03\x01\x31\x31\x32\x32\x33\x33\x0A\x0D", src_channel=0, version=1}
1 Like

Which makes sense … and I have the distinct feeling this has been a subject of a discussion elsewhere on this or another forum in the past.

Not a big deal in any event.

1 Like

Hi RBoy. Success. Thanks.
This is a Schlage BE469ZP. I was lucky enough to find they had printed the DSK code on the device’s cardboard box which I’d saved (for 3 years!).
The pairing went smoothly once I entered that code. (within 1 foot of the hub). Is working as expected now.
Thanks again for your work.

Thanks Bruce. Just saw your reply.
The ‘rest of the story’… I found the DSK Q-code printed on the cardboard box the lock came in (from three years ago - amazing luck that I happened to keep it!) Once I entered the DSK, the lock included correctly.
PITA though, it behaved erratically while it had the non-lock driver associated with it. It ran the batteries down, went online/offline unpredictably, and locked up a few times so I needed to power-cycle it, by pulling the batteries. (And we had tenants at the time!)
I thought I had to replace it, but a factory-reset, and the right driver, seems to have cleared it up.

1 Like

This is a great improvement! Got all my names and codes now after doing a forced reload. Keep up the good work!

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Lock Driver - v20230809

• (Enhanced) Read all codes/tags from the lock up to the maximum supported for improved security (use the reloadAllCodes command from the Advanced Web UI to manually trigger it).
  • (Fix) Sorting order while displaying codes
  • (Fix) Bugs in stock z-wave lock driver

Please make sure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• This version of enhanced driver is only available via the new platform Drivers license (refer to website for details). If you have an active subscription, the new driver will be automatically pushed to your hub within 24 hours
  • Refer to the previous release notes for more driver details. These features are not available in the Legacy Migration drivers.
  • See the first post for a full list of available features by lock/model

Copyright (c) RBOY APPS

2 Likes

I haven’t seen anything in your driver yet for scheduling lock codes, correct?

I’ve used Seam for that purpose, but now Seam can’t remove a code on its schedule. It gets stuck on “Removing”.

I see now that Seam gives an error pointing at the @RBoy driver as a stumbling block for their scheduling capability.

Screenshot_2023-08-10-12-02-44-301

Is this fixable?
Thanks for any help.

Universal Enhanced Z-Wave Plus Lock Driver - v20230816

• (Enhanced) Improve security for unknown users (programmed directly on the lock or not through SmartThings) by creating them in SmartThings to allow remote management
  • (New) Allow remote management for Master codes for locks which support it
  • (Fix) Improvements to scanning users/codes/RFID tags for Yale and IDLock locks

Please make sure that your lock is within 20ft of a buffering device/repeater for best performance and reliability.

NOTES

• This version of enhanced driver is only available via the new platform Drivers license (refer to website for details). If you have an active subscription, the new driver will be automatically pushed to your hub within 24 hours
  • Refer to the previous release notes for more driver details. These features are not available in the Legacy Migration drivers.
  • See the first post for a full list of available features by lock/model

Copyright (c) RBOY APPS

1 Like

On my Schlage BE469ZP I am using the new Universal Enhanced ZWave lock driver but not getting the codes to display. Tried ReloadAllCodes from the Advanced UI but still nothing.

I have the same lock and also 2 kwiksets.

When the Pin field was added in v20230803 it was blank until I deleted and readded the username and Pin. It then displayed correctly. When v20230816 was automatically updated, the pin was still there.

Not sure how/where to delete and re-add the username and pin’s? From the Advanced UI?

There could be 2 possible reasons:

1. Are you sure it’s the ZP and not the BE469?
  2. It’s not paired using S2 auth, it’s paired using S0 auth (basic encryption) then the lock won’t report the codes. One reason for is the not using the QR code/DSK code while pairing

Thanks RBoy,
Been a long time user of your device handlers and Smart Apps.
For #1 I believe so.

As for #2 it was added a while back (groovy days) and I don’t recall if I used the QR code then. I guess I will need to remove and re-install it with the QR code to get it to show the codes.

My firmware for Schlage 469 is up-to-date.

Settings page doesn’t seem to have much options on the mobile ST app.

I’m curious whether the “null” sections are legitimate for the updated firmware.

Thanks,
hbs

Those are just SmartThings app display UI bugs where there is supposed to be a paragraph description. A fresh pairing will show the text but after a while it changes to null. ST is aware of it.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me what the “ReloadAllCodes” command does? I have one code that I added that is still blank in the device setting page. I opened and lock using that code, and then refreshed, but nothing changed. Will this command build the same codes and add it to the list, or will it create brand new entries with the “code 1” “code2” etc. in the list?