Edge Shelly drivers for Gen1 and Gen2 Devices

That’s right, the power-up status of its internal relay. So I think there is a problem, look at my uploaded photo, these are the options that appear, the relay is missing. Maybe because only the different information present in the chronology appears? I verified that the relay turned on as it should when the absorption exceeded 3.5Kw for one minute (rule set directly from the shelly app), but then it never appeared in the history.

Sorry, it’s definitely my lack, my problem, but I don’t even know what you’re talking about.
From the name “over power” it seems a fitting thing, but I don’t understand what it is

I am most interested in the instantaneous absorption of a single clamp 1 (I only use the first of the three because I have never been able to find a way to have a total sum of all three) and the switching on status of its internal relay . I apologize but from the API page I don’t understand anything

Yes, I see what you mean. I cannot understand why the switch value would not be showing here. This could be a SmartThings platform issue. Maybe @nayelyz could comment…

The Power meter in the Main component is should be the sum total of power for all three. However if you are needing CONSUMPTION, then yes, you are right that the device is not making a total consumption number available.

1 Like

@TAustin, I don’t quite understand the issue, is it related to a custom capability in the automation tool?

Which chronology and why is the “absorption” related?

What he is saying is that the device history is not including a stock switch capability, nor is it even shown as a selectable history filter. This is the profile, with the switch in question in the main component.

name: shelly_3EM.v1
components:
  - id: main
    capabilities:
      - id: switch
        version: 1
      - id: powerMeter
      - id: partyvoice23922.refresh
      - id: partyvoice23922.resetselect
      - id: signalStrength
    categories:
      - name: Switch
  - id: emeter1
    capabilities:
      - id: partyvoice23922.powerfactor
      - id: partyvoice23922.currentMeasurement
      - id: voltageMeasurement
      - id: energyMeter
      - id: partyvoice23922.returnedenergy
  - id: emeter2
    capabilities:
  - id: emeter3
    capabilities:
metadata:
  vid: e119bd05-b2cb-3b37-b761-29efd88a4dfe
  mnmn: SmartThingsCommunity
  ocfDeviceType: x.com.st.d.energymeter
preferences:
  - title: "Auto Refresh"
    name: autorefresh
    description: "Select behavior"
    required: true
    preferenceType: enumeration
    definition:
      options:
        yesauto: "On"
        noauto: "Off"
      default: noauto
  - title: "Refresh Frequency"
    name: refreshfreq
    description: "Every n minutes"
    required: false
    preferenceType: integer
    definition:
      minimum: 1
      maximum: 1440
      default: 20
  - title: "Device Address"
    name: deviceaddr
    description: "LAN IP address of device"
    required: true
    preferenceType: string
    definition:
      stringType: text
      minLength: 7
      maxLength: 15
      default: "192.168.1.n"

Even though the state of the switch is definitely getting changed, it’s not showing in his history for some reason.

2 Likes

oh ok, I’ll make some tests with multi-component devices to see if the history is shown correctly, if not, it could be a general issue.

Hi again, I’ve been making some tests and I can see the events of the switch in the device history, and the filter is applied correctly.
@Diegocampy, if you scroll the page when you’re selecting a filter for Activité the option of Main, Marche is not displayed?
Here’s what I can see, I changed the language for testing purposes:

If not, when you query the events in the history endpoint, can you see those events? You can filter the result by device

I only see 2 Mail, the absorbed power and the strength of the wifi signal.
The on and off status of the internal relay is missing.

EDIT:
What a strange thing, after 5 minutes, without having changed anything, I still try to search through the filters of the history, and the possibilities are different, only one MAIN relative to the power. The relay is still missing

EDIT2:
after a couple of hours, when the absorption in my house was higher than 3.5 kW (this makes its internal relay turn on automatically thanks to a routine I created), I checked the history, and “Main Accensione” is appeared. At this point I think that in the chronology among the filters only the items that already appear in the chronology appear. Often lately I see that the histories are not complete, I think that is the problem.
On this occasion I ask @TAustin if you could modify the driver to disable certain histories, to have less data to process and perhaps improve

Since Sunday, none of my devices (shelly 1, shelly air, shelly3EM) can be controlled by smartthings. I noticed it because the routines did not turn on devices. I don’t know what I could try to do to restore the service. I would like to avoid wiping and re-entering all devices if possible. It seems the problem is communication. The devices work with shelly apps and also as a local ip query via browser, so I think the problem is only in this integration.

Do you know if you’ve had any firmware updates recently?

No, only the 3em a few weeks ago, But he also worked well until last Sunday.

I was referring hub firmware updates, which you can see in the IDE:

Regardless, have you tried rebooting your hub?

1 Like

the dates of the last update were one second more recent than the last reboot. I don’t know if that was the reason, I don’t know, the important thing is that after rebooting the hub now everything is back to working. Thanks and sorry if I didn’t do it before creating alarmism :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem; just glad you are back up and running. If you are able to install and run the SmartThings CLI, next time I could maybe see what may be causing these problems by looking at the logs. It’s hard to say what the problem was, but it sounds like the driver hadn’t restarted properly from the last hub restart.

unfortunately I have no idea what it is, I am not able

3EM Would be Awesome!
Just ordered mine and will be “your bot” providing any data necessary to achieve the driver! :slight_smile:
Another question about it. Is there a chance to connect community drivers to SmartThings ENERGY Life?

At this moment just Samsung appliances such as washing machine, air conditioning are recognized and inputs energy consumption data to this, even with some devices already power metering with drivers as Mariano´s Switches

hey @Diegocampy
i´m a little late on this topic, reading from begginig and getting updated.
The Shelly representative at AliExpress told me at that time about some issues and adjustments before open it for “big sell” there.
Negative comsumption data is possible for solar power grids but i see its not your issue.

is the problem solved? did you already try Shelly support?

I have no idea sorry. I also add that any device that monitors consumption that I have, I have always looked at it in a static way without giving it so much weight because I am not sure about the truth of the data. Even Smartthings often gives me negative consumption values and I don’t know why. I don’t have solar panels.

1 Like

Unfortunately not at this time. That is a Samsung feature which only works with a few specific models, and uses a “black box” integration not currently available to community developers.

Available in the United States, United Kingdom, South Korea and India.
Support 2021 models of Samsung air conditioner, washer, dryer, dishwasher, air dresser, air purifier, and vacuum cleaner. All Samsung Family Hub 6.0 refrigerators are supported.

There are also a few third party devices that can work with it, but only through the official manufacturer integrations, and are so far all cloud to cloud. The brands vary by region.

1 Like

Terrific! I’ll look forward to your feedback. As you and others have pointed out the energy consumption can be a bit janky, and that is a product of both the SmartThings platform and Shelly cloud anomalies. But I’m willing to do whatever I can to optimize the Edge driver.

1 Like

Agreed. I have previously tried tying a virtual energy meter driver I have in to the SmartThings energy stuff but couldn’t get any data flowing.

2 Likes