Edge Shelly drivers for Gen1 and Gen2 Devices

SHELLY GEN2 DRIVER UPDATE

I’ve been doing quite a bit of work on the GEN2 driver and it now supports the following devices:

• Plus 1
  • Plus 1PM switch and cover profiles
  • Plus 2PM
  • Plus I4
  • Plug US
  • Pro 1, 1PM
  • Pro 2
  • Pro 2PM switch and cover profiles
  • Pro 4PM

Note that there as been very limited testing on the cover profile (window shade) for the 1PM and 2PM, so if there is anyone out there that has that device running in cover mode, it would be great to have it thoroughly exercised.

I’ve also been working on device discovery to (1) switch over to use the new built-in mDNS scan capability in Edge, (2) handle multi-profile device discovery, and (3) make sure that multiple devices are found and created without problems. A huge debt of gratitude goes out to @dcnilas11 for helping me dial in the optimum discovery parameters.

UPDATE: I should mention that although there is a Creator device created when you first run an Add device/Scan for nearby devices, you should not use it to manually create your devices. Instead, do a second Add device / Scan for nearby devices and your Shelly Gen2 devices will then be automatically discovered and created. The creator device is for temporary testing and will be removed in my next update. You’ll also notice an IP address field in the individual Shelly device Settings; you can ignore it.

Driver Version: 2023-02-05T01:01:08.462055227 is available on my test channel.

3 Likes