Edge Shelly drivers for Gen1 and Gen2 Devices

The last I knew, there are still some hubs that don’t support Edge yet. I assumed from your firmware level that you had a SmartThings hub; but I should ask which one do you have? And you hadn’t said if you had any other Edge drivers running OK?

That is several releases back of the current firmware version for the V3 hub.

By chance do you have either of the SmartThings WiFi mesh hubs, either Connect Home or the newer one that works with Plume?

If so, neither of those models work with edge drivers yet. :disappointed_relieved:

Check the following thread: a staff member is keeping a list of people who want to be notified once they do work with Edge.

Smartthings WIFI Mesh Hub, Edge drivers

Yes ive other edge drivers that are working well.
Like the lights multifunction mc and the edge devices creator. I have the aeotec v3 HUB.

Last time i checked it was the latest firmware version. I ve other edge drivers that are working fine.

I dont have any of those devices you mention. I just have the aeotec v3 hub.

There will be a new firmware update rolling out this coming week, so maybe that will help.

Really sorry for the difficulties you’re having. As @JDRoberts suggests, perhaps the upcoming firmware update will get things working for you.

If not, the next step is going to have to require the SmartThings CLI to do further problem determination. This tool will give you direct control over installing/reinstalling/uninstalling Edge drivers, and its logging feature will let us see what exactly is going on during driver execution.

At this point I’m thinking that it could also be an issue with your mobile app or account, and might require SmartThings support to fix. I don’t know if you have iOS or Andriod, but if you have Android, I understand there are ways to force a clean app restart including clearing cache. It may require that to overcome this problem.

Of course I’ll never rule out that it could be a unique problem with the driver itself, but we will need the CLI for debugging.

1 Like

I had to get a better understanding of how this is working today. The ability to change icons through the device Edit screen is based on the category of device. So switches have a specific set of icon options, smartplugs have another, contact sensors have another, multi-sensors have another, and smarttags have another. If the device is defined in a category outside of those 5, then there is no icon option shown in the device’s Edit menu.

So this is why it takes some driver coding support to provide both switch-category and smartplug (socket) category icons. As I mentioned earlier its a bit of a pain to implement and maintain, so doing it for every possible Shelly device type would be a daunting task. So if you can suggest which Shelly devices you would consider highest priority to provide expanded icon options, I can consider some limited support.

Interested in hearing opinions from others as well.

2 Likes

Meanwhile, thank you for your interest, my priority is only shelly1.
As you may have understood, I am not skilled, nor a programmer, but perhaps @Mariano_Colmenarejo I think it will be able To explain how he does it. In his edge drives there is this possibility, I do not know if it is simple or difficult, there is he will tell, I only know that in the settings there is a menu to choose the icon profile.

I hope this will help.

OK thank you. I already know how to do it.

1 Like

Excuse me, sometimes I forget that I am the one who does not know things :hugs:

It finally works!
I installed the smartthings CLI and reinstalled the driver.

Thanks for letting me know! It seems like the automatic hub installs via channel invites is not 100% reliable.

1 Like

I don’t understand why the value says it’s out of scale, it’s because the signal levels aren’t displayed. Recommendations?
(I posted a screenshot of the device shelly 3em and the English translation for easier understanding)

It is a know problem caused by recent changes.

2 Likes

Thank you, so I can only wait.

Thanks for reporting this. First I’ve heard of it.

Thanks @Paul_Oliver for the link to existing discussion. Looks like we don’t yet know if it’s something the drivers are going to have to adjust for, or if it’s going to be a fix in the mobile app.

1 Like

Hi, I just installed the test driver from the link above and activated the shelly driver.

On the shelly device manager the button for adding a new device type doesn’t work - it’s just a picture of a cloud.

Any tips?

This is due to the recent Android updated; I’ve had to make a fix to the driver see below…

1 Like

ALL SHELLY EDGE DRIVER USERS/TESTERS:

I’ve just pushed out an update to the driver, version 2022-06-25T17:34:33.756482036

This update includes the following:

1. Fix to ‘broken cloud’ issue in Creator device create button (affects Android users)

2. Addition of new devices: Button1, I3 (Momentary & Toggle). Please note these have not yet been tested, so anyone that has these devices, I ask that you try them out and provide your feedback. @Chris_Gaddy

3. Enhancements to device initialization error recovery/retry/validation

Thank you!

I’m actually still not using Edge but I’m preparing for the jump once it will be required.

I tried to follow this topic but I couldn’t fully understand if temperature add-on for Shelly 1 and 1PM is included in the driver, is it working fine?