[EDGE][RELEASE] Simple Device Info Viewer

Duh. LastPass didn’t offer to save it the first time through so it didn’t even occur to me. Thanks for setting me straight.

Now it shows up right.

2 Likes

You could be battling feature creep for a while. Once you start with the API it can be hard to stop.

4 Likes

This is super handy @lmullineux , thank you!

I have many devices that are not showing up. Any ideas why that could be?

I need to figure out paging, if you have more than 100 devices they won’t display. I’ll sort it out though

3 Likes

No rush! I’m just happy as heck that I can avoid the CLI and easily get Zigbee Network ID’s.

4 Likes

I’m attempting to implement paging, do you know what number paging kicks in at?

I have just added 75 virtual switches to my setup (thanks @TAustin), bringing my total devices at the location to 152 and paging hasn’t yet kicked in. (I have got to figure out a way to bulk delete them yet :frowning: )

How many devices do you have? How many are missing for you? (i’m wondering if it is a different reason that you have some missing)

@johnconstantelo @orangebucket

Hi @lmullineux , I have 270 devices. I’d have to go room by room to see what’s missing. It doesn’t seem to be in any type of order, like alphabetical, that I can tell so far.

EDIT: It shows 200 devices, so I’m missing 70.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll add some more and see if the magic number is 200

1 Like

The magic number was 200 (i have a lot of devices to delete now)

I have just pushed a new version that supports pages, and retrieves devices by location.

@johnconstantelo @orangebucket If you could try again that would be great.

I haven’t bothered supporting pagination for locations and rooms - as I doubt anybody will need it - but if you do - please shout.

1 Like

It is a pity the API reference doesn’t fully document the query string. As well as the page parameter, which does at least appear in the page links, there is a max parameter for the number of devices to pull in one hit.

I don’t know where I got the idea the default was 100 and not 200, unless it has changed.

2 Likes

Works like a charm @lmullineux , thanks! For Zigbee type devices, is it possible to add networkId without having to click on Info? If not, no worries, this is already a 1000 times easier than using the CLI.

1 Like

If I knew about that max parameter, I wouldn’t have needed to create, and then delete manually 150 devices :sob: just to test the paging

Edit: I deleted about 5 through the API, then I started getting 403 errors. Probably some kind of safety feature of the api

To be honest, I haven’t actually tried it yet. My ancient laptop takes forever to boot to a usable state so I make a point of using it to slow me down if I am doing anything important. I am very much a CLI user.

It is good to see apps like this finally starting to appear. I’ve long been puzzled that they haven’t appeared before.

3 Likes

That won’t really work, as it will mean an empty column for all non-zigbee-edge devices.

I aim to keep the main table just having fields that exist on every device type.

1 Like

Can you explain what you mean by this? What is the significance?

I have an edge device, that has children - but the type isn’t EDGE_CHILD of the child devices, it’s just LAN

Interesting that the Mobile device shows up here, but doesn’t show in the SmartThings app.

3 Likes

I think this is how the ‘member location’ section works in automations within the app (presuming you are letting the app get your location)

1 Like

I keep getting a 404 error when using the suggested ?pat=MyPat method. Would you please post a full sample url with xxxxxx substituted for your PAT.

https://lrmulli.github.io/st/index.html?pat=xxxxx

or

https://lrmulli.github.io/st/?pat=xxxxx

1 Like