[Edge] IKEA STYRBAR Button Edge Driver (FW 2.4.5 compatible, full arrow support)

You can achieve color changes using this driver with scene switcher

1 Like

Thanks, glad it’s useful. Indeed, button drivers expose the button events but they do not directly control devices, they trigger SmartThings routines. The actions you can assign are the ones the device and its driver supports in SmartThings.

For instance, this driver can repeat the long press event automatically while the button is held, but that’s only useful if the driver of your lights supports an action like “increase brightness by 10%” (spoiler: SmartThings stock drivers do not support it).

As for colour switching, Milan already linked to the Virtual Scene Switcher, a driver I made to facilitate cycling through scenes or colours. The very first example is precisely switching four colours with just one button. As long as you change the colours with the switcher it will keep track of the current one so the “Next” and “Previous” action will work as expected.

1 Like

Thanks @mocelet and @milandjurovic71 for both the suggestion and the actual Virtual Switch. Once I figured out how to set it up, it works a treat and has exactly what I needed and more.

Cheers
Juan

1 Like

Absolutely amazing, thank you so much for making this!

I’ve been going nuts trying to pair the Styrbar to my ST hub and NOTHING was working until I found this absolute magic you made :grin:

2 Likes

No problem, glad it’s working!

Actually Styrbar is becoming my favourite button for walls and I bought more. I also have a Symfonisk Gen 2 on the desk to control all my Matter stuff locally, I was tired of grabbing the phone or asking the voice assistant to “turn on the fan” or “turn on the backlight”. Buttons are amazing.

2 Likes