[Edge] Heatit Controls Official Edge Driver [v2.3.0]

Great! Thank you for the feedback, I’ll update the post now.

Hi,

I have enrolled and install the drivers, but when I connect the Z-TRM3:to my hub it comes up as a Z-Wave Device Mutichannel an not as a thermostat.What am I doing wrong?

After using “Scan for nearby devices” and starting inclusion on the TRM3 it will show in the list as a multichannel device. On my system, when I exit and wait for a bit it shows up as TRM3.

If this is not the same for you, are you able to screenshot the “Driver” tab in the device’s settings?

I included th TRM3 yesterday and it still shows up as a multichannel device.Looks like I don’t have a driver tab in the device settings.

Seems like it has not taken the driver in use.
I suggest trying to un-enroll the driver and re-enroll.

Driver updated to version 2.0.0.

Added support for Z-Push Button 2-4-8, Z-Push Wall Controller, Z-Dim, Z-Dim2 and Z-Water.
Reformatted the post.

1 Like

Hello, any updates on the 1.07 version?

Also, do I need to remove it and then add it again to pick up the new driver? How do I do that? Or can someone point me to a dummy’s guide to updating to Edge drivers? Not sure I understand the basic concept of enrolling, etc…

Thanks,
Chris.

1 Like

No updated drivers visible in original channel? Is v2 on different channel? Why? Where is the invitation? Or are drivers with 1.0 in their names actually in v2 now? Confused… :confused:

Unfortunately I do not have a version 1.7, so I am unable to test it.

Yes, you will need to reinclude the devices. To add the Edge Driver, just press the link in the original post, add the driver to your gateway and select which drivers you want to use.

2.0.0 is the change in the Channel while the drivers are still 1.0.
In 2.0.0 we added more driver groups. Namely HeatIt Z-Wave Button Drivers 1.0 and HeatIt Z-wave Switch 1.0

Hello. Is the current driver likely to work with the 1.7 version? Since it has a different fingerprint? I do have a spare 1.7 which I could send you for testing…

Thanks for your advice regarding the driver install too. I’ll try removing and re-adding.

Chris.

Hi,

I’ve checked up and it should be compatible, from 1.7 to 1.8, calibration for all sensors was added locally on the device and default floor high values were changed locally. Should not affect Z-Wave.

Got my Z-TMR3 installed today. No troubles at all. Full manual is needed to get all the parameters set correctly, quick guide in package is not enough.

Is edge driver to Z-TRM2fx uppdated?
The one i install 2 weeks ago not working perfekt in homeassistant, i can see temp but not control it.
If its uppdated why not made a new one called 2.0 instead of uppgrade 1.0, if i will uppdate i have to exclude it and include again instead of just change edge driver?

Apparently the driver(s) itself are not updated. They have included drivers for more devices, hence the v2.0.0. in title here. I still not quite get the thinking behind the title.

Thank you so much for investing in this! This gives great confidence to Heatit products going forward.

Is there a reason why you don`t include these with in the shared/official SmartThings drivers? Would save everyone a click and help new users who may not find this thread

I agree, 100% and am very glad to see these drivers being developed. I was getting ready yo ditch ST after this migration debacle.

That’s correct, full manual is too long to include with the device. Hence the QR code on the quick guide.

If you know of a better naming scheme, I’ll happily change it.
Currently, the drivers them selves (HeatIt Z-Wave Button Drivers 1.0, HeatIt Z-wave Switch 1.0 and HeatIt Z-Wave Thermostat 1.0) have versions.
I also wanted to add a version for the collection of drivers itself and give that a name as well, so that it would be clear that there had been added something new like in the 2.0.0 update, where Z-Wave Switch and Z-Wave Buttons were added.

The guide in the package?
It’s 2023 now, mankind has invented not only the Internet, but also advanced chatbots that can answer your questions if you have them.

stop wasting paper.