[Edge] Heatit Controls Official Edge Driver [v2.3.0]

In addition to the physical buttons not working, the buttons in the app controller part do not work. Never did actually using this driver. Any advice how to fix this please?

@HeatitControlsAB

Not entirely sure what you mean by the buttons in the app controller.

I’ve tested the Z-Push button 8 here with scenes and it worked fine for me.

@HeatitControlsAB

Thanks a lot for your response.

I would presume, maybe in error, that the buttons in the attached picture of the controller could be pushed, held or held down? “Button 1” Knapp, “Button 2” Knapp and so forth?

If that is not the case, still pushing/holding/holding down the physical buttons do not have any effect. The routines associated with a button and a button action do not run.

Edit:
1 Creating routines for buttons using the app (Automation-Create Routine) the “Test Routine” function verifies that the routines in themselves work, but the routines dont work pushing the designated buttons.

2 Creating a routine for a button using the device controller view, the “Test Routine” function verifies that the works, but the routine dont work pushing the designated button. In addition, the routine showing up under the Automation list view is malformed: It has no trigger, i.e. the button-action is missing.

See pics.

The driver is swapped out and exchanged for another and then back in again
Driver: See pics.

@HeatitControlsAB

The drivers work great for me (HeatIT Z-TRM3), have you considered certifying it with SmartThings? Surely that would help sales?

Thanks

I will do some more tests using the HOLD feature and let you know if I find anything.

That’s good to hear.
We’ve considered certifying the products, but we have concluded that the expenses linked to product certification does not justify the investment for us as the price is quite high per device.

2 Likes

Actually, excluding and re-including the Push 8 -device a number of times, did the trick, the physical buttons now work.

It reminds me that something similar had to be done to make the Z-TRM3 work properly. Coincident? Or some commonality?

Still, creating routines using the controller view creates incomplete (no visible trigger) and confusingly named routines in the Automation view, re my previous post.

Hi there, I have a Z-Relay waiting to be deployed on a future project to lay electrically heated cables and a new floor. I will use it as a controller for heated floor cables together with Z-Temp2. My electrician provided me with the device some time ago and I wrote a groovy driver for it. All was working well at the time, even keeping the floor temperature below the approved limits from the manufacturer, but now I will need an edge driver. Any chance that will come soon?

You may be asking why I cannot use a Z-TRM3? The answer is that there is nowhere to put one - either the location is too near to a door by a cold draught, or right at the side of the wood burning fireplace, or on an outside wall where I cannot get cables to. The Z-Temp2 solves that because you can place it anywhere.

Not an issue we are aware of, might be the inclusion just didn’t fully complete.
The creation of automations worked for me.

I can check if we will be coming with the Edge driver for that soon.
Could it be an option to use a ZM Single Relay 16A?

Very happy to see all my thermostats (HeatIT Z-trm3) have been automatically transferred to this driver today, as I have been dredging to do it myself for a while now

3 Likes

Hi, I have just switched my Z-TRM 2 devices to the edge drivers and all thermostats to offline after some hours and needs to be restarted to get them connected again. Is this a known issue and how can I avoid that?

That’s very good for us to hear, we have not heard anything from SmartThings about the transferral of the drivers.
Thank you for the comment Geir.

1 Like

Hi, do you know if they are TRM2 or TRM2fx thermostats?
It’s not a known issue for me at least, but if you let me know which version you have I can run some tests.

Thanks, appreciate it. They are fx thermostats. I’m testing the beta 1.2b on one of the thermostats now, in case that’s improving things.

Does anyone know how to use Scene controller function on heatit z-dim with the new edge drivers? We used to have five different pushes.

Still struggling with keeping the thermostats online, also when using 1.2b edge driver. Any suggestions for how to get these more stable?

I’ve been running test since 3 days ago, but have not had any stability issues as of yet.
Are the devices far away from your controller? How about your mesh network? Could maybe that be improved upon, thus improving the stability?

Thanks for looking into this. I have three thermostats all within 5 meters from the hub. So signal strength should not be an issue.
It also seems like they loose connectivity when they are set to off mode.

My pleasure.
Do you mean it only happens during OFF mode or more frequently?