[Edge] Heatit Controls Official Edge Driver [v2.3.0]

Its about 5m…for does that fails, then one that went through about 1m…

I understand now, if you manually setup the thermostat and then include it, your driver do not allow you to retrive parameters?

However, if I create a sceen, then do a set temperature, example create an away with fix temperatur, this actually work (which is the most important for me now)

But you should absolute allow for retriving parameters regardless how the thermostad was setup, else people will assume the driver are broken.

1 Like

I have a HeatIt Z-Push Button 4. The HeatIt Beta Z-wave Switch driver (for Dim2, Z-Dim and Z-water) is now installed on by SmartThings hub. After deleting the old custom device handler, a factory reset of the device and excludingl/including (multiple times) I always end up with a non-functioning “Z-Wave Device” installed with default DH. The local HeatIt (beta) driver is not detected or installed during this process. The option in the app device menu to manually select a driver is also not available.
How should I proceed? Thanks in avance for any assistance available.

For the Push Buttons you need the “HeatIt Z-Wave Button Drivers 1.0” driver from the release channel.

Retrieving parameter values is not something we can allow or disallow. That is controlled by SmartThings.
Our devices do allow for retrieving values with the Configuration Get command.

1 Like

Thanks for your prompt reply! I missed the link to the non-Beta channel so did a best guess on a beta driver. Indeed the button driver in the release channel works perfectly. I have found to be a lot of guess work getting this far. Thanks again.

1 Like

As I understand it, the problem is not that the driver cannot retrieve parameters (you can read and write parameters in “settings”). The problem that @HeatitControlsAB noted is that if you change a parameter on the device itself through the configuration settings (long press, and then scroll), when you change a parameter there it will not be pushed to the driver, and therefore will not be available until something else happens.

1 Like

Ah! Yes, that’s a separate issue. The device details in the SmartThings app, including settings, should certainly reflect the settings on the device regardless of the method used to configure them. Otherwise it’s like a light switch that says it’s off in the app when it’s on in real life. :thinking:

I’ll delete my post above to avoid any confusion.

Does this also apply to changing the temperature on the device itself, or just the config part?

Changing the temperature by 0.5C in the app does also not seem to work. Is this another SmartThings issue?

Only to the config part

Yes, by default, SmartThings does not use .5°C precision on setpoints. If we were to implement this, it would have to be a customized solution. This is currently not on our roadmap for our SmartThings integration.

Has anyone found a thread where we can all collectively request such a feature from SmartThings? Sounds like a pretty easy thing to adjust for them…

I have unfortunately not been able to add my Heatit TEMP2 at all to smart things after installing the beta edge drivers. I know the TEMP2 is working as it was instantly included when I tried my Telldus hub. I un-included from Telldus and tried to include again to ST but no joy.

I have also tried factory reset (several times) and restarting the ST hub.

Good news / bad news - I noticed the (DEV) drivers were available. I tried the one for trm2fx and yay! it is returning the temperature from the selected temperature sensor.

I still have an issue from the home assistant side though as the climate device for the smart sensor integration needs to “see” thermostatCoolingSetpoint capability in order to consider it a climate device.

This could be argued to be a weakness in the integration (?), I’m not sure, but it doesnt make sense to have cooling set point for something that only heats, but it is currently hard to fix as the author of the integration has been quiet for some time.

I also played with making a generic thermostat using the temperature, and setpoint from the ST integration, but there isnt a service to set the setpoint through the integration when there is no climate device.

Stuck again :frowning:

Anyone found a Edge driver for heatit thermostat that is really work with homeassistant?

No unfortunately. The ST driver is not compatible with “climate” in the ST integration for HA because of a missing capability, and there is currently no development going on with the ST HA integration to make it better.

Update: at my other location with another hub I added TEMP2 using the beta drivers and it was included like a dream. Only a small issue that the temperature reported was over 3000 degrees C, but that seemed to resolve itself after a little while.
TEMP2 does not support all the capabilities required to be compatible with Home Assistant.

Could the field “deviceTypeName” be added to the metadata? (ie in addition to deviceManufacturerCode etc)

Set it to the device’s model if possible? ztrm2fx, ztrm3 etc?

Link is not working! «User is not authorised»

Sorry for the late reply.

We are probably able to do so, why is this a feature you need? Is it for the HA integration?