[Edge] Heatit Controls Official Edge Driver [v2.3.0]

This is because of the difficult and expensive process of getting an officially certified Channel and certify drivers/products.

1 Like

We are, by law in Norway, required to include a ā€œquick guideā€.
This is also where we inform customers where they can find the full manuals.

2 Likes

Good to have basic information about the product in the package.

Nah, thatā€™s fine by me :slightly_smiling_face:. The thermostat is great by the way! I have simple system that changes the setpoint based on electricity price. Also, to able to use variety of NTC temp sensors is must. It made the replacement of old thermostat so much easier.

Good to hear you are satisfied with the drivers. Donā€™t hesitate to let me know if you are missing anything.

1 Like

can I ask, the floor temperature calibration is not working, or I am doing something wrong.
A 3rd party thermometer shows 20.5C but the temperature on the display is 22,5-23C . it would be great to display temperature on top.

Also it would be useful to add this temperature to the main component so it will be propagated to Google Home and Homekit .

1 Like

Which thermostat is this on? It should work just fine.

We are working on including it in our next update, we did not know this is how SmartThings worked with the Google Home and such integrations

I believe itā€™s zā€‘trm3.
I have tried to play with the floor sensor calibration value in the settings, but I donā€™t see any difference

@Olli-Pekka_Kurppa Changing setpoint according to el price: Could you tell us a bit about your setup?

Iā€™ve tested it locally and it works fine for me.

One thing that is missing is that the thermostat driver doesnt return the temperature of the selected child sensor from the parent. It means it doesnt work properly with eg google home, or home assistant.

1 Like

should I send logs or video. doesnā€™t work for me

In a nutshell: Always on Android tablet with Nordpool price app and IFTTT app > App notification about low price > IFTTT app detects the notification and IFTTT turns on virtual switch in Smartthings > various things happen, one of those is increase the thermostat setpoint.
Not very sleek and robust but does the thing for now. I just donā€™t want to run Raspberry etc or do any coding myself.

1 Like

This will be fixed in the next update hopefully.

Are you able to double check which thermostat it is? I see now you have a cooling setpoint and cooling is not supported on the TRM3.
If you repower the device, it shows the version for a bit.

ok its trm2 then :slight_smile: I will not turn off all the house just to check the version, too lazy to set all my appliencies up.

It also says which version on the back of the device by the terminals. If it is the Heatit or Multireg Z-Wave (1.7, 1.8 or 1.9) this could be the reason. Of these devices only 1.9 supports calibration on all sensors.

most likely this. I have the thermostat installed for three years already. I thought this can be firmware updatable.

There is no option to update one model to another. You could take a look at the menu of the thermostat locally to see if you have the calibration option there.

Ok, the website is a mess, a link for the user manual for trm2 starts download user manual for trm3.
And there is no information on calibration.

I have found the CaF parameter and it works. So probably itā€™s something wrong with the driver settings.

by the way, there is a Zwave OTA option in the installerā€™s manual, but probably itā€™s not applied to Smartthings