[Edge drivers] Issue with status in "Favorites"

First, a huge thank you for this driver…
I’m using this driver with a smartthings multipurpose sensor. In the “show status information”-section of the app (Favorites/top left section) is says the sensor is open, but in the detail view of the sensor, the status of the contact sensor is “Closed”. No biggie, but it might be a bug?

@Geir_Skalvik thanks for report this issue

Hi @nayelyz

This smartthings multipurpose sensor used with the driver Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc that has the functions of virtual thermostat and with a multiple mosaic shows in the App section Show status information, which is open when it is closed.
In detail view and the tile icon works perfectly changing from open to closed when it really is.

I don’t remember this happening when I made the driver quite a while ago.
Could it be related to the multiple mosaic?

The profiles are defined with the category MultiFunctionalSensor the same as in the Zigbee Contact Mc driver.

name: st-multipurpose
components:
  - id: main
    capabilities:
      - id: contactSensor
        version: 1
      - id: temperatureMeasurement
      - id: battery
      - id: threeAxis
      - id: accelerationSensor
      - id: legendabsolute60149.signalMetrics
      - id: refresh
      - id: firmwareUpdate
    categories:
      - name: MultiFunctionalSensor

Hi, @Mariano_Colmenarejo, @Geir_Skalvik
I moved the discussion to another thread to get more info.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo, how do you make the device appear like that? I used a test virtual contact sensor and when I make it change its state, I don’t get an extra tile.

Can provide the VID you use in the profile so I can test it on my side, please?

Hello

I don’t know if this is what you mean, This additional tile appears when you have enabled Show Status Information in Favorites and the sensor status is open

This is the VID

"vid": "6403ef0a-179d-35c8-a92c-7a95591f8814",

Hi, @Mariano_Colmenarejo, sorry for the delay-

I haven’t been able to replicate the error, the device status started to appear after I used your profile, but it changes correctly.
Also, something curious is that the multiple status tile doesn’t appear either, I made sure the device is using your VID.
If you’re able to replicate the error, could you help me get logs from the app, please?

Hi @nayelyz
So that you can replicate the problem you have to use the Zigbee Temp Sensor with Thermostat Mc driver from my channel, which uses the multiple tile

Hi, @Mariano_Colmenarejo
So, the issue was that the profile you shared and the VID didn’t match in capabilities so the multi-tile device didn’t appear because I wasn’t initializing the correct capabilities.
I was able to make the multi-tiles appear after some changes but the issue is still not present on my driver. I was able to reproduce it only with yours which is weird because both have the same configuration, it means the issue isn’t the multi-tiles, it might be something else.
I’ll create a report about this.

1 Like