[Edge drivers] Aqara TVOC

Hi @Zach_Varberg , I’m using your driver, I can see TVOC but no humidity or temp, any advice?

Related link: Aqara tvoc by varzac · Pull Request #6 · varzac/EdgeDrivers · GitHub

1 Like

Hi, @sulisenator.
Sorry for the delay, by “no humidity or temp” do you mean the capabilities remain empty all the time?

I can see in ST app the Temp or Humidity, but no TVOC value

driver: GitHub - varzac/EdgeDrivers

JizDOY.jpeg

Exactly, like this:

ok, have you checked if there are events received for this capability?
In the logs, you should see incoming messages from the cluster ANALOG_INPUT_CLUSTER (attribute ANALOG_INPUT_PRESENT_VALUE).
I suggest you enable the logcat for this driver and check the messages, according to the configuration here the cluster should report the attribute value in a maximum interval of 10 minutes.
If nothing is received, we would need you to re-pair the device and capture all the logs from this process to see what happens during the configuration lifecycle.

To start the logcat, you need to set up the ST CLI and execute this command:

smartthings edge:drivers:logcat

It will prompt you with the Hub’s IP address which you can find in the IDE. Then, select from which driver you need the logs.

2 Likes

I removed and re-paired the device with logcat open. it fixed itself and now it works. Thank you.

1 Like

I am seeing something very similar. I have had an Aqara TVOC since about October but I have never been able to to get it working on ST properly… There are a few other threads in the community, but none of the developers seem to be active - so no response…

Was excited to see this thread today… so I’ve gone back to this. Using your driver @Zach_Varberg, I get TVOC and Batt status, but ST never picks up the Temp and Humidity values…

I followed the instructions (Been meaning to get my head around the CLI anyway :slight_smile: ) and I can see a warning error when the TVOC pairs using ST add devic/scan…

I can leave it for hours/days, never picks up Temp. Also, I can re-create the errors I see in Logcat at will by switching to a diferent driver (which doesn;t work either) and then switching back…

In another thread, there was an implication that a recent Aqara firmware update broke this…

I can confirm my TVOC is on Frimware 29…

Any chance of some help… I an keen to learn the device edge configuration stuff anyway… but I am finding the .lua a bit dense and inaccessible at the moment… :slight_smile:

Simon

Is it still working ?

yes it still works fine @Dienzora

Here it wasn’t showing temp and humidity:

Any idea how to fix it ?

Is a driver bug ?

Hi, @Dienzora!
You need to check what I mentioned to @ertst:

Hi @nayelyz, I received the same Warning Message as @Simon_Townsend, see it:

2023-01-13T22:23:08.837771029+00:00 TRACE Xiaomi Sensors  Setup driver xiaomi-devices with lifecycle handlers:
DeviceLifecycleDispatcher: xiaomi-devices
  default_handlers:
    driverSwitched:
    doConfigure:
  child_dispatchers:
    DeviceLifecycleDispatcher: xiaomi-devices -> Xiaomi/Aqara Button
      default_handlers:
      child_dispatchers:
    DeviceLifecycleDispatcher: xiaomi-devices -> AqaraAirSensor
      default_handlers:
        init:
        doConfigure:
      child_dispatchers:

2023-01-13T22:23:08.858016362+00:00 TRACE Xiaomi Sensors  Setup driver xiaomi-devices with Capability handlers:
CapabilityCommandDispatcher: xiaomi-devices
  default_handlers:
    refresh:
      refresh
  child_dispatchers:
    CapabilityCommandDispatcher: xiaomi-devices -> Xiaomi/Aqara Button
      default_handlers:
      child_dispatchers:
    CapabilityCommandDispatcher: xiaomi-devices -> AqaraAirSensor
      default_handlers:
      child_dispatchers:

2023-01-13T22:23:08.943457363+00:00 TRACE Xiaomi Sensors  Setup driver xiaomi-devices with Zigbee handlers:
ZigbeeMessageDispatcher: xiaomi-devices
  default_handlers:
    attr:
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: PowerConfiguration, attribute: BatteryVoltage
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: PowerConfiguration, attribute: BatteryPercentageRemaining
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: Basic, attribute: 0xFF02
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: Basic, attribute: 0xFF01
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: Thermostat, attribute: LocalTemperature
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: TemperatureMeasurement, attribute: MeasuredValue
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: RelativeHumidity, attribute: MeasuredValue
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: OccupancySensing, attribute: Occupancy
      ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: OnOff, attribute: OnOff
    global:
    cluster:
    zdo:
  child_dispatchers:
    ZigbeeMessageDispatcher: xiaomi-devices -> Xiaomi/Aqara Button
      default_handlers:
        attr:
          ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: OnOff, attribute: OnOff
        global:
          ZclGlobalCommandHandler: cluster: OnOff, command: ReportAttribute
        cluster:
        zdo:
      child_dispatchers:
    ZigbeeMessageDispatcher: xiaomi-devices -> AqaraAirSensor
      default_handlers:
        attr:
          ZclClusterAttributeValueHandler: cluster: AnalogInput, attribute: PresentValue
        global:
        cluster:
          ZclClusterCommandHandler: cluster: Identify, command: IdentifyQuery
        zdo:
      child_dispatchers:

2023-01-13T22:23:08.990096696+00:00 WARN Xiaomi Sensors  Device does not support cluster 0x0402 not adding configured attribute
2023-01-13T22:23:08.996082029+00:00 INFO Xiaomi Sensors  Device does not support cluster 0x0402 not adding monitored attribute
2023-01-13T22:23:09.030740363+00:00 WARN Xiaomi Sensors  Device does not support cluster 0x0405 not adding configured attribute
2023-01-13T22:23:09.037071363+00:00 INFO Xiaomi Sensors  Device does not support cluster 0x0405 not adding monitored attribute
2023-01-13T22:23:09.043156363+00:00 TRACE Xiaomi Sensors  Zigbee Device: 829330b7-d869-4090-b7cd-ccce65955dcf
Manufacturer: LUMI Model: lumi.airmonitor.acn01
	[1]: Basic, Identify, IASZone, PowerConfiguration
2023-01-13T22:23:09.050768363+00:00 TRACE Xiaomi Sensors  Received event with handler _resync
2023-01-13T22:23:09.056567029+00:00 TRACE Xiaomi Sensors  Received event with handler environment_info
2023-01-13T22:23:09.071066696+00:00 DEBUG Xiaomi Sensors  driver device thread event handled

@RafaelAntonio2022 FYI!

You would like to follow…

1 Like

This is strange, the cluster 0x0402 corresponds to the temperatureMeasurement.

Here, the logs show these supported clusters, I wonder if this device has them separated into endpoints because I looked for the device on the web and I see it supports temperature, so, I don’t know why it rejects the config for it:

Did you install the driver from the invitation?

1 Like

Nop! I did for channel link. There is some difference for each other way?

No, we’re referring to the same thing, I meant the channel invitation link.
I’ll check with Zach to see if he has more information but currently, the issue is that the device is responding to the driver that the temperatureMeasurement(0x0402) and RelaticeHumidityMeasurement(0x0405) clusters are not supported.
So, I think this is because the physical device needs a special configuration.

1 Like

If it helps, I found something about a new firmware version (from 24 to 29) so it changes the device way to communicate humidity and temperature:

https://github.com/varzac/EdgeDrivers/issues/9

2 Likes

Hi @nayelyz!

Did you get ?

Yes, I saw on the issue description that the device is communicating differently the information, this means it only applies to that specific device.
In that case, the driver should be modified but remember this is not part of the official drivers from SmartThings. Zach only shared it to help some users, he created it in his free time, so, if you know how to solve the issue, you’re free to create a Pull Request that he can approve or you can take a reference from his code to create your own driver.

Hi @nayelyz, Thanks for answer…

I know that Zach did in his free time, isn’t about it. I’m just searching for help.

I hope that Samsung and Aqara partnership develop for all of his products.

Best,

:love_you_gesture:t4:

1 Like